Thread: climatemaster tranquility 27

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Likes

climatemaster tranquility 27

Can someone explain to me in english what happens when the dip switches are set in the test mode {Dip switch 7&8} . What effect does it have on my heating.

Post Likes
    Test mode bypasses the alarms that are suppose to stop the unit from working if a safety issue arises. It's purpose is to allow a professional technician to get the unit to run when an alarm is active so they can properly diagnose the issue.

Climatemaster has a really nice alarming system that can help a tech find the problem in a matter of 10 minutes, IF they get their hands on the manual. I believe your system uses a DXM board which has 3 lights a red green and yellow. If your system is in alarm bypass the yellow light will be on.

If you have a tech work on your unit make sure they get their hands on the manual before they show up and make sure they call Climatemaster. They have an extremely helpful tech support.
    If you're too "open" minded, your brains will fall out.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by XcelTech View Post
    Test mode bypasses the alarms that are suppose to stop the unit from working if a safety issue arises. It's purpose is to allow a professional technician to get the unit to run when an alarm is active so they can properly diagnose the issue.

Climatemaster has a really nice alarming system that can help a tech find the problem in a matter of 10 minutes, IF they get their hands on the manual. I believe your system uses a DXM board which has 3 lights a red green and yellow. If your system is in alarm bypass the yellow light will be on.

If you have a tech work on your unit make sure they get their hands on the manual before they show up and make sure they call Climatemaster. They have an extremely helpful tech support.
    I know that it makes the EPM run at 70% torque. so the motor will not ramp up. But what effect does this have on heating. Last year it was the warmest its ever been and it ran out of heat, the furnance ran so long the motor would just kick off before it reached its set temp. Tech can out and said that the loops were getting soaked by the ground water and jumped the 1st stage to a constant 2nd stage to correct the problem. I have senced changed thesettings to the + 15% setting . Do you think this will help? Thanks.

Post Likes
    I know that it makes the motor run at 70% torque, so the motor will not ramp up. But what effect does this have on the heating. Last year it was the warmest its ever been and it would run out of heat. It would run so long that the unit would shut off before it got to the temp setting [ of only 70 ] The tech can out and said that the ground loops were getting soaked by the ground water and was told by the manufacture that he should jump 1st stage and 2nd stage together. I have remove that jumper wire, changed the setting on the dip switches so that both heating and cooling are running on the 3rd fastest setting for the blower speeds and the dip switches for 7 & 8 are now set to + 15 %. do you think this will help or is there something else? Thanks.

Post Likes
    You are getting into information I am not allowed to tell you on this site due to the rules.

You really need a technician with knowledge of geothermal to come help you.
    If you're too "open" minded, your brains will fall out.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Post Likes
    GSHP loops soaked by ground water is a good thing........... Find a tech. You might not have one, or you two are not communicating.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in