Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Workboots

I'd be happy if I got a year out of my work shoes, I have a hard time getting 6 months out of a pair. Tried multiple brands, either I break the shoe or the shoe breaks my foot. Tryinig a pair of Merrals now, bought yesterday, way to early to tell anything yet. Redwing, Wolverine, Texas Steer, Nike, and New Balance$125 - $25 doesn't matter. Does get frustrating though.

I ditched the boots for summer and went to a pair of "sketchers work". Very comfortable shoe.
    In winter months I go back to my "Red Head treestands" (Bass Pro), very dry, warm, and comfortable boot (look good too)
    Member of the "Work Exchange Program"
    "Will work for knowledge"

"Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid"
    A Einstein

Have any of you guys tried Thorogood boots? A buddy of mine told me to try them and I really like them. I have the pair that has no true heel, instead the heel is a solid wedge. Helps keeping you from tripping on stuff too!

Redwings hurt my feet so bad that could hardly walk. Wolverines aren't what they used to be. I've been using Timberland Pros for the past 3-4 years and they seem to be the best for me.

Quote Originally Posted by ryan1088 View Post
    Have any of you guys tried Thorogood boots? A buddy of mine told me to try them and I really like them. I have the pair that has no true heel, instead the heel is a solid wedge. Helps keeping you from tripping on stuff too!
    I had a pair of Thorogood oxford shoes that were pretty comfy. Made in the U.S.A., pretty well made, but didn't knock my socks off or anything. Never tried their boots.

All the things I've heard about Keen have peaked my interest. Looked at their website and found these:

http://www.keenfootwear.com/us/en/pr..._/dark%20brown

Look pretty good. A little extravagant, but built in the U.S.A. and have an aluminum toe.

I am with jnsrose. i wear the soles out of anyboot i buy in 8 months or less. Found the best buy is Schmidt from Tractor supply Company. They are waterproof although a bit heavy.Had a pair of Georgia Boys they where very comfy. But......Sigh....The soles wore out and fella at shoe repair said they where molded soles and dry rotted. Could not be resoled. 159 bucks for new pair. Went back to TSC.

I've been a Red Wing boot guy since 1992. I got in the trade in 1990 and went through 4 pairs of boots in two years. They were either uncomfortable, my feet hurt at the end of the day, or they wore out in 6 months. Then I splurged and bought my first pair of Red Wings. My feet didn't hurt at all after a 10 hour day and they lasted just under 2 years. I've worn Red Wings ever since. I have to admit that some Red Wings are better than others. Water proof is a must. My employer requires a safety toe also.

My current shoe is the hiker boot with aluminum toe and waterproof:
    http://www.redwingshoes.com/red-wing...ker-boot-brown
    And it has been the most comfortable Red Wing I've ever owned.

But now that I live up North, I'll need insulated, waterproof boots with a non-metallic safety toe. The cold weather will make that metal safety toe feel cold, so I need a non-metallic toe. In the next month or two I'll be buying these:
    http://www.redwingshoes.com/red-wing...nch-boot-brown

I gladly pay the premium for these excellent shoes.

Quote Originally Posted by TheChillerMan View Post
    I've been a Red Wing boot guy since 1992. I got in the trade in 1990 and went through 4 pairs of boots in two years. They were either uncomfortable, my feet hurt at the end of the day, or they wore out in 6 months. Then I splurged and bought my first pair of Red Wings. My feet didn't hurt at all after a 10 hour day and they lasted just under 2 years. I've worn Red Wings ever since. I have to admit that some Red Wings are better than others. Water proof is a must. My employer requires a safety toe also.

My current shoe is the hiker boot with aluminum toe and waterproof:
    http://www.redwingshoes.com/red-wing...ker-boot-brown
    And it has been the most comfortable Red Wing I've ever owned.

But now that I live up North, I'll need insulated, waterproof boots with a non-metallic safety toe. The cold weather will make that metal safety toe feel cold, so I need a non-metallic toe. In the next month or two I'll be buying these:
    http://www.redwingshoes.com/red-wing...nch-boot-brown

I gladly pay the premium for these excellent shoes.
    The new ones your looking at look nice except their country of origin. My redwings are made in the USA only. The quality of the boot seems much better.
    Gotta have the right tool for the job!

Where is all the stuff MADE IN THE USA?

"Thats what we do Troy. Incredible, Invisible, Imbelivable things. We are an Unseen, Unknown, Unvincible fraternity of craftsman.."

timberland sucks.... doc martens is very sliperry on ice and snow... walmart brand is just horrible.... jb goodhue is OK... dakota is not bad...best boots so far is royer. the mother of all boots and made in canada. http://www.lproyer.com/en/ best boots I've had so far. fit nicely. I go through two boots a year. most of them just running out of sole at the bottom. I always have two pairs on the go, and alternate them each day to prevent the stinky feet desease, what ever they called it. can't remember. coz once you got the stink it's hard to get rid of them. and it is very very very offensive to other ppl walking around with stinky feet.
    Parts Changer Extraordinaire
    ------------------------------------------------------
    Have tools and gauges, will travel.

RIDGID|YELLOW JACKET|UEI|TESTO|STANLEY|CPS|VETO| KLEIN|MILWAUKEE|MASTERCRAFT|

I bought a pair of Dewalt shoes from SEARSName:  shoe.jpg
Views: 250
Size:  26.1 KB Very comfortable, light weight and composite toe....about 70$ U.S.

Quote Originally Posted by ryan1088 View Post
    Yes........they were well built and held up well, except for the heels/soles. I wore out the heels in less than 6 months.

The cost to replace the heels/soles (one piece heel and sole) ($50.00) was almost as much as the cost of the boots........$79.95 for the steel toe version.

I've had many pairs of boots, from Red Wings to Walmart cheapies, and the 3 pairs I've loved the most were Iron Age. I just purchased a new pair with internal met guards, in black of course, for $85 shipped from fleabay.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123