Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Workboots

Red Wings

I've been wearing work boots for 35 years. I've tried lots of brands. A few are good, but Red Wings are my first pick. Here's why:
    They always have shoes that fit me. 13 narrow, almost impossible to find, but they have em every time.
    Price: RWs can be pricey, but my local guy usually has something good on sale. My current pair (2 months old) listed for $130, but I got em for $108 including tax.
    MADE IN THE USA: AFAIK, RWs are the ONLY work boots still made in the USA.

danner, they are small for listed size, but when tried on in person instead of online purchase the right size is usually the next up. very happy with several models, using 6gtx right now.

Quote Originally Posted by SBres22 View Post
    http://workingperson.com/footwear-1/...ert-boots.html

I've worn the same pair for 5years. thinking about getting them re-soled. They are a lil heavy, but my feet have never gotten wet, even when shoveling snow for a couple hours at a time, or standing in pools of soggy ass water. I think i'd prefer to go back to the basic black ones though, just so i could polish em and pretend they are brand new again.

you'd be surprised how much of a difference it makes when you show up at a customers door and have clean looking boots as opposed to crappy stained ones at how they are about you walking through house. and, the more you pay, the cleaner they manage to stay. lol
    5 years! If I had work boots that long I would have to pay to have them properly disposed of! I would love to get at least two though.

I am still wearing my first pair of Redwings after almost 3 years. They are definitely starting to show some wear and won't last much longer, but have lasted longer than any other work shoes I have had.

They are comfy, and when it comes time to replace them I will be getting Redwing again.

Boots

I have been wearing Redwings myself. The only thing that I have worn out on them is the sole. I wear them until I get tired of slipping around on the roofs.

I can not believe you get 5 years out of a boot. Are you guys working behind a desk. I can never get more then a year no matter what boot I buy or how much I spend. Would love to know the secret.Sometimes I find a comfy boot that the soles do not last,a long lasting sole but the steel toe rubs through. Bought Timberlin pros with toe cap that are comfy out of the box but they do not look like they will hold up. Boots frustrate me. Sorry about the venting.
    You need to put the phone down and get back to work!

Quote Originally Posted by jnsrose View Post
    I can not believe you get 5 years out of a boot. Are you guys working behind a desk. I can never get more then a year no matter what boot I buy or how much I spend. Would love to know the secret.Sometimes I find a comfy boot that the soles do not last,a long lasting sole but the steel toe rubs through. Bought Timberlin pros with toe cap that are comfy out of the box but they do not look like they will hold up. Boots frustrate me. Sorry about the venting.
    I used to get only 1 to 1.5 years before I tried Redwing. They are about ready to replace at 3 years.

I get 2 years out of these at work. I actually wear them after work as well. I Dont wear sneaks too often. SO basically where ever I go I have these redwings on. The last pair I still use around the house for yard work or if im really going to beat them up.
    Also with redwings you get free replacement laces..
    http://www.redwingsafety.com/safety-...er-made-in-usa

I think the USA made boots last longer then the oversea stuff.
    Gotta have the right tool for the job!

Where is all the stuff MADE IN THE USA?

"Thats what we do Troy. Incredible, Invisible, Imbelivable things. We are an Unseen, Unknown, Unvincible fraternity of craftsman.."

My next pair of boots will be red wings. I have wolverines and they wear out to fast. The company pays for new boots every two years so I will get the best this time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Join http://scopeny.org/ Shooter’s Committee on Political Education

The world is full of sheep,try not to join the flock.

Support the Skilled Trades, Don't DIY

Quote Originally Posted by SoFlaDave View Post
    I just got a pair of steel toe work shoes from Keen and they are fantastic. My feet stay dry all day even in the rain. Cost me $125. I still would like a pair of Red Wings but they're out of my budget right now.
    I have some Keen work boots (not steel toe) and they fit my foot like a glove. My Redwing 608's were 1.5 years old and starting to get uncomfortable... I have a pretty good bunion on one foot, but my feet feel great all day in Keens. I am sure they won't last two years, but they are super comfortable and lightweight. About $135.

I've been wearing Redwing shoes and boots from the beginning of my career. I've tried other brands but they just don't fit. Most men have a D width but some need a wider E to EEE width. I need an A width (14) and that's about as narrow a width that you can get. No way I can walk into any shoe store and get the right size. Redwing shoes just last so much longer than any other shoe I've ever worn. Here's a link to what I wear. They have a great selection and last forever.
    http://www.redwingshoes.com/red-wing...nch-boot-black
    If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.

Like most of the other old farts on here, I have worn a lot of different boots over the years. I started wearing the Diehard Suretracks back when they were still made in the USA. Moved to Georgia's then they went to crap. Tried Wolverine and some others. Junk.

I bought my first pair of Red Wings about 15 yrs ago and I have never looked back. I have only tried (2) different styles.

I keep a pair of these for summer wear. With wool socks, I can stretch them to about Christmas.

http://www.redwingshoes.com/red-wing...nch-boot-brown

I wear these in the winter. At least until it gets stupid cold. Then I break out the Muck Arctic Sports (the only thing to wear in February in Maine.)

http://www.redwingshoes.com/red-wing...nch-boot-brown

I am a true believer. I am a big dude. 6'4" 245 lbs and they hold up better than anything that I have ever worn. I keep two pair current and always have an old pair still salvageable to wear of one of the newer ones gets soaked. Pricey but you only have one pair of feet.

Have worn Lacross for sometime now, Nobody makes a boot that fitts me as well as Lacross. Very comfortable and Virtualy no break in discomfort. Last a long tome and wont mark up a customers floor

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast