Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Workboots

Workboots

been wearing Timberland pro for a long time .Now I need a new pair of work boots , I been looking at the wolverine boots ,what style you guys recommend ?

I've been 'shopping' for new work boots for about a week, now.

I've tried on Rocky's, Wolverines, Chippewa, Timberlands, and other brands that I've forgotten.

Not a ONE of them fit me properly.

Finally walked into a Red Wing store and, when the guy asked if he could help me, I just asked him "Do you have a pair of boots that FIT, please?"

He measured me and I needed the widest boot that Red Wing makes, a 13H. It is on order because he didn't have it in the style that I wanted.

I'll keep ya updated on them once they come in.

Rocky or Georgia

wolverine-went down the toilet years ago- they're just riding their reputation
    It`s better to be silent and thought the fool; than speak and remove all doubt.

I just got a pair of steel toe work shoes from Keen and they are fantastic. My feet stay dry all day even in the rain. Cost me $125. I still would like a pair of Red Wings but they're out of my budget right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by k-fridge View Post
    The laws of physics know no brand names.

I have rockys, there better than the crap I used to buy.

Quote Originally Posted by crazy eye View Post
    been wearing Timberland pro for a long time .Now I need a new pair of work boots , I been looking at the wolverine boots ,what style you guys recommend ?
    The timberland pro seem to be good. I have the internal metaguard ones, but next pair I think I will switch to external and get dip tested boots. I don't know what I'll get. These timberlands have lasted a year which beats the 8 months I usually get out of boots. Drives me nuts how fast shoes come apart.

I have Bates,6"very, very comfy I believe is the same model in use for police, picked up at local Sears

I can't wear boots because nobody seems to make 4E or 6E boots that are wide in the toe box.
    Redwing completely fails at it, as they seem to use the same toe box for all widths.

I have to make due with New Balance 6E width walking shoes made on their SL-2 last.
    If more government is the answer, then it's a really stupid question.

I bought my first pair of redwings this last go round. Been in wolverines and was tired of two pair a year. Doc martin welingtons were awesome and lasted over a year but wanted to see what the hype was with the wings. Extremely satisfied with the fir, i can stand pretty much all day with comfort. But sadly i believe these won't last me a yr..wearing down rather quickly..lots of roofs,ladders, and conventional rafter crawling

http://workingperson.com/footwear-1/...ert-boots.html

I've worn the same pair for 5years. thinking about getting them re-soled. They are a lil heavy, but my feet have never gotten wet, even when shoveling snow for a couple hours at a time, or standing in pools of soggy ass water. I think i'd prefer to go back to the basic black ones though, just so i could polish em and pretend they are brand new again.

you'd be surprised how much of a difference it makes when you show up at a customers door and have clean looking boots as opposed to crappy stained ones at how they are about you walking through house. and, the more you pay, the cleaner they manage to stay. lol

Dr. Martens. Black, so I can polish them (USMC thing). Keeps them looking fresh. After a couple of years, I put an insert in them. The Dr. will resole them for free (or so I have heard - havent worn the sole out yet). They are 4 or 5 years old.

Quote Originally Posted by SoFlaDave View Post
    I just got a pair of steel toe work shoes from Keen and they are fantastic. My feet stay dry all day even in the rain. Cost me $125. I still would like a pair of Red Wings but they're out of my budget right now.

Keen makes steel toes. No sh**! I'll have to check those out. My wife loves all 3 pairs she has and she's the pickiest shoe buyer I know. SHe's on the 4th different brand and style of running shoes in 3 years and she doesn't even run much.

I've had Timberland pros the last 6 years, but I've had heel inserts in them the last 2 due to a planter faciitis issues in one foot and they now ear out socks really fast. I think I need something with more stability.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast