Two Year Online School?

Not sure how I managed to mess up the other thread, if it was deleted or moved by a moderator can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Anyway, I'm trying to find out if this Penn Foster course meets the requirements for a two year school as far as the Virginia Board of Contractors is concerned. If not can someone point me in the right direction?

Why don't you inquire with the Virginia board directly?

Oh, I said that in the first thread I made lol. When I called them they said they didn't know whether it met the requirements and that I should ask Penn Foster. When I asked Penn Foster they said the same thing. Really all I need is any 2 year online course, it doesn't have to be Penn Foster.

Nobody ever knows anything! LOL

Someone has to know of a two year online course. It doesn't even have to be online, correspondence is good too. I just can't go to school everyday because my schedule is always different.

An online course will give you book knowledge but no hands on which is the other half of learning you need. Are you going to get a contractors license upon completion?

Yes, the goal is to get a lisence after. Currently I have hands on experience just limited book knowledge (reading through troubleshooting books, reading posts here, etc).

Contactors licensing will only acept 50% of required time as school. The other 50% must be working time. Figurativly speaking % may be off. And yes penn foster is an acredited school. Acredited school is the term you are after when asking the question

Ok, awesome! So the course from Penn Foster plus two years experience will allow me to take the test for the journeyman license in Virginia?

I cant answer that, I am just saying that school is acredited. You should go to the va licensing web site and see what they require.

I see this alot, the main reason for state testing is to check the competancy level of the applicant. If you can not comprehend the requirements to sit for the exam, your really not ready. But for some reason there are still more incompetant contractors with license.

I can comprehend the requirements, what I'm asking is if any online courses satisfy the requirements for a "degree or certification showing the completion of a two year program". I've called the board multiple times and every program I ask about they say they don't know. You have also said you can't answer that question. Someone has to know because if it doesn't qualify someone has to say it doesn't right?

Just go for it man.

Good news, when I called to ask about pricing I talked to someone who confirmed it meets the requirements