Alerton TX-VAV controller

I recently replaced a TX-VAV controller because the Microset was not responsive. After matching all the dip switches and installing the new control the Microset is now responsive and I programmed the hi and lo cfm rates but the controller will not stop sending a close signal to the damper.

If I manually open the damper using the clutch on the actuator the CFM reads accurately on the Microset and goes to 0 as it drives closed.

Could a duplicate address on another TUX cause the vav controller to issue a close signal?

Any ideas?

Jerry

Quote Originally Posted by dc48 View Post
    I recently replaced a TX-VAV controller because the Microset was not responsive. After matching all the dip switches and installing the new control the Microset is now responsive and I programmed the hi and lo cfm rates but the controller will not stop sending a close signal to the damper.

If I manually open the damper using the clutch on the actuator the CFM reads accurately on the Microset and goes to 0 as it drives closed.

Could a duplicate address on another TUX cause the vav controller to issue a close signal?

Any ideas?

Jerry
    I would start by checking the actual airflow ( AF on the Microset ) . If this is reading low, then the actuator is going to drive 100% open. You could also check the Calibration Factor ( CF on the Microset ) on this controller. They come from the factory set at 104. If this was inadvertantly set to 0, this would cause the damper to drive wide open also.

If your VAV controller is connected to an Ibex system, someone could have overridden DO-7 to the VAV which will force the box closed via software.

Quote Originally Posted by noskilltech View Post
    If your VAV controller is connected to an Ibex system, someone could have overridden DO-7 to the VAV which will force the box closed via software.
    Thanks for the response.

Can that be changed using the Microview?

Quote Originally Posted by dc48 View Post
    Thanks for the response.

Can that be changed using the Microview?
    I believe if they put it on the display you can, if not, you'll need an AC-2650 cable, one of their super duper proprietary software keys and the software to get in and change it. You might not need the cable if you have the database and the microview has a modem, then you could just dial in.

If the point is not on the microview and they don't normally connect to the system with software I would highly doubt that the DO is turned on. I've seen weird glitches on ibex over the years, but it's usually the degree units switching to C° from F°, not damper close.