+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Alerton to AX

Post Likes

Alerton to AX

I was able to find some old submitals of a clients building. It looks like there is an alerton IBEX system in the building. I have never worked on these controls and the original contractor is out of the picture. I'd like to propose an integration option into AX. Is there anyway to bring this into an FX60? If so, has anyone accomplished this? From what I'm reading it doesn't seem to be the easiest thing. I'm also open to any other options/suggestions. Thanks in advance.

Post Likes
    If you can get your hands on a BCM-TUX and the alerton software, it can be done. It is extremely time consuming though. Other than that, I don't believe there is any other option.

Post Likes
    You would think that seeing Honeywell owns Alerton and Tridium they would develop a driver for the TUX protocol.

kontrol out
    "Good" - Jocko
    "Open is as open does." - Forrest Gump
    "Can't we all just get a Lon?" - Garry Jack
    "BACnet: integration or interrogation?" - The Janitor
    "Interoperability? You can't handle interoperability!" - Nathan R. Jessup
    “What’s that? Aaa… open protocols? Don’t talk about…. open protocols? Are you kidding me? Open protocols? I just hope we can hardwire an interface!” - Jim Mora Watch it here!

Post Likes
    There was a little disscussion a while back about developing the driver for this. I dont think that it will happen because these controls are being phased out now. If you can get your hands on the BCM-Eth, BCM-Pwr, and BCM-Tux, it would be easy to accomplish this. The controllers would be routed to the Jace through either Bacnet/IP or Bacnet Ethernet, your choice, and then they will discover as individual controllers. If you are dealing with App specific controllers, I.E. Tx-Vav, Tx-SA, then the points list will be the same for all controllers.

If they are programmable controllers, then you are going to need some help to reverse engineer the programming to develope the points list. Unless you are lucky to have some documentation that has this info.

Post Likes
    I will need VisualLogic to program BCM. And probably IBEX TDS to read programs from existing controllers in case there are no point lists available.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by CB_Matt View Post
    There was a little disscussion a while back about developing the driver for this. I dont think that it will happen because these controls are being phased out now. If you can get your hands on the BCM-Eth, BCM-Pwr, and BCM-Tux, it would be easy to accomplish this. The controllers would be routed to the Jace through either Bacnet/IP or Bacnet Ethernet, your choice, and then they will discover as individual controllers. If you are dealing with App specific controllers, I.E. Tx-Vav, Tx-SA, then the points list will be the same for all controllers.

If they are programmable controllers, then you are going to need some help to reverse engineer the programming to develope the points list. Unless you are lucky to have some documentation that has this info.

Easy if someone didn't write 5000 global ddc and ibex points in the apex.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by noskilltech View Post
    Easy if someone didn't write 5000 global ddc and ibex points in the apex.
    This does not make it any tougher to do the swap. You will not need the Ibex points any longer, so they can go away. If they are application specific you will not need most of the global ddc, which was there mainly for display purposes.

Post Likes
    Thanks for all the info. It looks like I'm going to propose a whole new control system.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Igotworms View Post
    Thanks for all the info. It looks like I'm going to propose a whole new control system.
    Good Choice.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in