I work in an HVAC Company and we have a new project involved with Rooftop and ETM 3051. It is a first time for me to have this unit and I would be glad to understand it and use it in the right way.
Novar ETM 3051:
What does this module is for? I know that it is needed to be connected to an EMS System and I need to know how to do that?
I would be glad if you can help me with the following questions:
1. What is the Protocol that ETM 3051T talks?
2. How can I connect all 4 Units to a main EMS?
3. Does it talks ModBUS-RTU?
4. How can I monitor that Unit? I have heared about ESS32 But I could not see any download page for that SW.
5. There is an ID DIP Switch at the front of the Panel - is it for ModBUS?
6. Can I use ModScan with this unit (if it talks ModBUS)?
7. It says that it works RS485 (2 wired) even if the unit it says that it can use also the third wire (SHILED) - do I need a converter to connect them?
8. I have used to connect our PLC's with MOXA RS485 converters is that the same case here?
9. If I want to have all 4 units connected Half Duplex multidrop can I use them wired using the +DATA and -DATA only? (No Sheild and No Converter is needed)
10. How can I monitor the ETM 3051T? is it a part of my PLC programming to monitor the Units?
11. Where can I find the registers addresses for the I/O within the ETM3051T? I'm not sure that I'm right in this but I need to understand if I need to map all 14x4 registers in my PLC in order to have all of the units monitored? (each unit has 14 I/O).
The above are part of the questions that I have regarding the unit and I'm so glad that I found your forum.
I really appreciate any help on my questions - I need to have it solved as soon as possible and I would be glad to learn from the experts