+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Thermal Imager Usage

Post Likes

Question Thermal Imager Usage

Looking for alternative way to find refrigerant leaks, considering using a thermal imager as oppose to using electronic device. Have any of you tried this method and have had any luck?

Post Likes
    I have a thermal imager, Fluke Ti32 and have seen refrigerant leaks with it. But I dont recommend it over a tool that is designed to actually detect refrigerant.

Post Likes
    Thanks for the respnds, I use the Inficon D-TEK, I have trouble using it, seems like it gives false hits, and when I use bubble soap can never find it. I only seem to have luck with obvisous large leaks. Any helpful advice on leak detecting?

Post Likes
    I have a small primalec ultrasonic tester and find it invaluable also use a dtec select sniffer never fail to find leaks between the two

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by coldjoe View Post
    I have a small primalec ultrasonic tester and find it invaluable also use a dtec select sniffer never fail to find leaks between the two
    Is this the primalec tester your talking about http://www.primalec.co.uk/content/view/78/69/
    and can you tell me more about it like where you purchased it. I found a article that said it cost under 300 euros in the uk. Thanks

Post Likes
    yes thats it,very handy device for its cost.got mine posted out from a crowd called srw in the uk .they send our company regular fliers of their wholesale products.they have a website also.

Post Likes
    Here are some leaks I've picked up with a thermal imager

Picture 1: you can see a green/yellow fog coming from the left of the receiver liquid level gauge.

Picture 2: You can see the camera picked up the liquid refrigerant leaking out of a pin hole in the Evap. As the bits of liquid refrigerant leak out of the tube, it cools the area of the leak, and the camera picks up the thermal differences. (this was a small leak)

Picture 3 & 4 are much the same as 2. The camera picks up on the liquid refrigerant boiling off at atmospheric pressure. The camera low scale only goes down to -22.2*, so it marks the coldest spot in the picture with a <-22.2* because its below scale.

Post Likes
    What camera did you use to get these images?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by neophytes serendipity View Post
    What camera did you use to get these images?
    I have a Fluke Ti32

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in