Liebert Sitescan and Modbus simultaneously

We are integrating to AX a site that has a mix of Liebert CRACs and UPSs communicating to a Sitescan system. They have the intellislot 485 cards and we have proper communications with the Modbus. After slowing down the polling rate, the Modbus side is stable but the Sitescan side is not. We have to disconnect the comm connection of the machine's internal bus to the 485 card for Sitescan to operate properly.

Are these mutually exclusive or is there some tweaking that can be done on the sitescan side?

How many devices?

How many devices are on the bus?

What baud rate are you using?

3 CRACs and 2 UPSs. Modbus is 9600. That is the only speed available with any Liebert stuff I have worked with.

That should be just fine.

We have 44 or more Leibert units divided amongst 8 JACEs, and the sitelink doesn't have an issue.

Is the JACE connected to it's own dedicated bus network separate from the sitelink?

I would suggest calling the manufacturer.

Try this website http://www.emersonnetworkpower.com

Thanks

Is this an ICOM logic air-conditioner? You say you have an intellislot 485 and then how is sitescan connected to the air-conditioner? What you should have is a IS485EXT card that forwards velocity to the sitelink-E. Then inside the air conditioner the communications protocol would be set to velocity version 4.

What you can't do is have the air conditioner set up for IGM protocol sending that to a sitelink and then add a communication card. IGM can't be shared between two masters.
    Scott Jalbert
    Harris Integrated Solutions

Formerly Liebert (Emerson Network Power)
    Expressed opinions are my own

Quote Originally Posted by MaxBurn View Post
    Is this an ICOM logic air-conditioner? You say you have an intellislot 485 and then how is sitescan connected to the air-conditioner? What you should have is a IS485EXT card that forwards velocity to the sitelink-E. Then inside the air conditioner the communications protocol would be set to velocity version 4.

What you can't do is have the air conditioner set up for IGM protocol sending that to a sitelink and then add a communication card. IGM can't be shared between two masters.
    I believe I misstated that I have Intellislot cards. These are older, Pre-ICOM logic units, Deluxe System/3 I believe. The tables out of SL-28170 for the CRACs is table 26 and for the UPSs is 85. The data matches fine for the Modbus.

So since the Sitescan SieLinkE-SSW-12E talks with IGM to the units, I will not be able to have the Comm cards online as well. Thanks for chiming in MaxB that explains it.

Yes, IGM is like modbus in the respect that you can't have two masters on the line requesting information from the slave devices.
    Scott Jalbert
    Harris Integrated Solutions

Formerly Liebert (Emerson Network Power)
    Expressed opinions are my own