Honeywell TH6220D set up incorrectly?

Hello, I have a new Lennox EL296V furnace, controlled by a Honeywell TH6220D thermostat. The furnace is 2-stage, and the thermostat is wired to both W and W2, so I believe it is wired properly. Dip switches on the furnace indicate the stages are controlled by the thermostat.

HOWEVER, the thermostat was programmed with a "System Type" of 0 (1 heat/1 cool conventional). I believe it should really be set to type 6 (2 heat/2 cool conventional). I do not have an air conditioner, but am I correct in thinking that the system type should be set to type 6?

If I set it to type 6, I then get an additional option to set: "Stage 2 heat cycle rate/Auxiliary heat cycle rate". If the system type is left as 0 (the default), I only get "Stage 1 heat cycle rate/Auxiliary heat cycle rate".

Any thoughts? Did the installer miss this when setting up the thermostat? I believe he just left everything as default, and I think that means I'll never get stage 2 heat. I think switching this to a 2-heat setting should fix that. Am I correct?

Thank you for any advice.

P.S. Any suggestion on how to test for stage 2 heat? Would setting the thermostat to several degrees warmer than the room temperature result in stage 2 heat kicking in right away?

why not contact the installer to pose your concern
    It`s better to be silent and thought the fool; than speak and remove all doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by dandyme View Post
    why not contact the installer to pose your concern
    The installer is a large company, and it's almost impossible to get in touch with anybody knowledgeable. Level 1 customer support knows nothing, and anyone beyond that level never returns calls. My only recourse would be to insist on a service call for a problem, but I'm not sure there is a problem. (And a 30-second reprogram of the thermostat is easier for me than waiting all day for a service call to do the same thing.)

Go to advanced setup and change to 2 stage gas heat. Turn it up 1 degree til it comes on low. Then jack it way up and may not be immediately but soon will go to high.

Quote Originally Posted by BaldLoonie View Post
    Go to advanced setup and change to 2 stage gas heat. Turn it up 1 degree til it comes on low. Then jack it way up and may not be immediately but soon will go to high.
    Yeah, I'm pretty sure it needs to be changed to "2 heat". It's summer so I don't have the heat on, but I've been playing with the thermostat in the two different settings.

If I leave it on "1 heat", then I only ever hear 1 click sound from the thermostat, regardless on whether I turn it up just a degree past room temperature, or 10 degrees higher. I believe the click is the relay triggering for heat.

If I change it to "2 heat", then I can hear 1 click when I turn it up 1 degree. But then I hear another click when I turn it up several more degrees. I believe that second click is the relay triggering for stage 2 heat. (I don't hear it in my other test.)