got a 5hp r22 walk in cooler,1 condenser fan motor,what do you guys think about adding a p70aa-118 fan cycle in with a headmaster? boss likes p70s due to some pressure problems in winter time,i called distributor,they said no to fan cycle since it could fight against headmaster. this is a brand new bohn condenser by the way.

On a dual condenser motor set-up Bohn does do that,with a klixon or a fan cycle control. But the OROA-5 on your unit with the proper added charge will sufice IMHO.
    FEN

Why do you want to add fan cycling - is the unit giving you trouble?

Headmaster should be sufficient although you will need to make sure the system is adequately charged.

Headmasters and fan cycles can conflict if their pressure settings are close, gennerally reccomend using one or the other. What type of compressor? If it's an air cooled semi-hermetic it has to have continuous air flow across it so in that case fan cycles are not reccomended.

Properly installed and set up, a headmaster should work fine.

And here I thought you guys work on Manitowocs. They use both.

Originally posted by skpkey9
    And here I thought you guys work on Manitowocs. They use both.
    That's true but the fan cycle setting is lower than the headmaster and it's only function is to shut the cond fan off during harvest.

Over the years i have seen units with one cond fan headmaster and fan cycle and it was installed at factory.I think its done to prevent comp short cycling in cold weather in units with long piping runs untill gas gets going

OK - I'll admit it's been quite a while since pulling the front panel on an ice maker, but do they really have a headmaster? I've seen remote condensers with headmasters - can't remember seeing one on self contained machine.

I gotta give someone a hard time had a hell of a week cleaning up after idiots that call themselves techs.

Originally posted by markettech
    OK - I'll admit it's been quite a while since pulling the front panel on an ice maker, but do they really have a headmaster? I've seen remote condensers with headmasters - can't remember seeing one on self contained machine.
    Just remotes. Some self contained machines have fan cycles or temp controlled fans.

no problem yet,but have had trouble in the past in cooler weather on new installs,may have been undercharged from jump street,i wasn't involved but other tech was (the boss),and fan cycle seemed to cure those 2 condensers,althought those 2 had 2 fans in the condenser,unlike the one i just installed now.the compressor is a tin can copeland crn0500 i think? bohn says if 1 fan,no fan cycle,2 fans, okay on 1 of them

Originally posted by k_fridge
    Originally posted by markettech
    Just remotes. Some self contained machines have fan cycles or temp controlled fans.
    Good - that's what I thought. Afraid I was losing my mind for a minute.