Another Vacuum Question!

OK, I got a question! I built a vacuum rig to do better and faster vacuums. It consists of new Yellow Jacket 3/8 vacuum hoses and a three way distributor. Vacuum pump is only a few months old and oil had been changed. I pulled a vacuum on a Masterbilt three door dairy cooler and it took about an hour to get to 300 microns. I know that was NOT right!

I brought the rig home, changed the oil and hooked it up to a 30# recovery tank. I pulled a vacuum to about 60 microns (JB DV-22N) for a couple of hours and then blanked off the vacuum pump (Yellow Jacket SuperEvac 6cfm). I plan on putting a hand valve or ball valve in-line in between the pump and distributor. It raised up to about 265 microns and seems to be holding. Is this good? What is this about new vacuum hoses "off gassing"?

Did another test. Let the pump run for a few hours until the gauge read about 60 microns again. I again blanked off the pump and the microns rose to about 130 and held there for about 30 minutes.

I'm doing all this to make sure my rig is working properly and giving me quicker pull downs.
    Supermarket Tech...and anything else the boss finds for me!

Anyone?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

How are you connecting Vac pump to the system?

When you pulled a vacuum on the cooler, did you remove the valve cores?
    If more government is the answer, then it's a really stupid question.

I am still trying to figure out what you are not happy about. If it is stabilizing under 500 microns that is the goal. It seems in all your tests it did what you wanted it to do in an hour or less.
    If you're too "open" minded, your brains will fall out.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by XcelTech View Post
    I am still trying to figure out what you are not happy about. If it is stabilizing under 500 microns that is the goal. It seems in all your tests it did what you wanted it to do in an hour or less.
    For a 3 door cooler, 1 hour seems like to long to pull a vacuum down to 500 microns. Maybe im just expecting to much out of my 3/8" hose rig. BTW, cores were removed.

Could of had some moisture in the oil or refrigerant still off-gassing out of the oil for it to take that long. How long does it take you to pump a 50lb recovery tank to 500 microns?

Quote Originally Posted by Greend88 View Post
    Could of had some moisture in the oil or refrigerant still off-gassing out of the oil for it to take that long. How long does it take you to pump a 50lb recovery tank to 500 microns?
    Have not tried that test yet.