i just recently had a acx lennox 13 seer installed with a 10 yr p+l i have about 6 in leway to lift my ac off the ground ive heard that you get better air flow and it doesnt rust is this possible with out messing with the warranty. thats for your wisdom

Very few air conditioners around here are raised at all. Most just sit right on the pad. I've never had a issue with any of them rusting. Sometimes we'll put rubber squares on the corners which pick the unit up about a inch. We do this so the rubber pads will absorb some of the vibration & make the unit run smoother & quieter. Thats the most I would do if I were you.
    Life is like a jar of jalapenos. What you do today might burn your ass tomorrow.

no air comes through the bottom of the condenser

go to bed, you are worrying too much.

I would check the table, and try to draw to an inside straight. THEN, and only then, would I raise.
    Everyone has a purpose in life..........even if it's to be a bad example.

Seek first to understand, before seeking to be understood.

Originally posted by John Lloyd
    I would check the table, and try to draw to an inside straight. THEN, and only then, would I raise.
    ROTFLMAO!

Technically if your raise it you will put your condenser into a little cooler air especially if you can get it up around the 12,000' level it could help, but I can't find my spec sheet but I am still looking.
    __________________________________________________ _______________________
    “Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards". - Vernon Law

"Never let success go to your head, and never let failure go to your heart". - Unknown

This may sound crazy but I used to put alot of heat pump units on treated wood platforms about 18 inches off the ground because it seemed to cut the defrost cycles by a third at least. My line of thought was it picked the unit up out of the colder wetter frost line and put it where it did'nt have rain splash at all on those many many 36 drgree rainy days we have here every winter. The only reason I stopped doing it was now our treated lumber has changed and it takes a true hot dipped or stanless steel to keep it from eating metal. By the way If your setting units on treated wood in your attic drain pans, I know some people still do this you better put isloation pads between the pan and wood and the unit and wood cause your gonna eventually have some leaks on both if you dont.

What would really be kool is to mount that sucka on some hydrolics. When its hot out you can raise that biatch up to catch some of that kewler air up top but when yer homies come over you can have it tilted over on it's side a bit, you know what I mean, pimpin baby! Then when the tech comes out to service it you can say hang on, grab yer control box, phlip the swiatches baby!, and let that sucka settle down on to the pad wit no clearance! Thats what I would do................peace out
    l8r

Originally posted by dachipsta
    What would really be kool is to mount that sucka on some hydrolics. When its hot out you can raise that biatch up to catch some of that kewler air up top but when yer homies come over you can have it tilted over on it's side a bit, you know what I mean, pimpin baby! Then when the tech comes out to service it you can say hang on, grab yer control box, phlip the swiatches baby!, and let that sucka settle down on to the pad wit no clearance! Thats what I would do................peace out

I would pay extra for a machine like that!!!
    IcyFlame

trane sells leggs for their heat pumps. you can get them up to 12 inch. they work well for snow, but that appears to be the only advantage. build your own, but if the lines are already hooked up you might have some issues.

Originally posted by dachipsta
    What would really be kool is to mount that sucka on some hydrolics.
    Hey you haven't seen those low rider Tranes in Mexico?
    __________________________________________________ _______________________
    “Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards". - Vernon Law

"Never let success go to your head, and never let failure go to your heart". - Unknown

Lol...

Pimp my Ruud

Lightbulb

hook a hot air ballon to it, the hotter it gets the higher it goes.