Condensation on ducts

I recently had my furnace and A/C replaced. Everything seems to be working fine but I'm noticing major condensation on the ductwork just above the cased evaporator. This is something new for me as I had never seen condensation on the furnace with my old A/C, my old A/C was 27 years old however. I can't imagine this is normal, or is it to be expected with todays A/C's

Condensation is a result of cold air within the duct. I suspect your suffering from reduced airflow and the resultant very cold air existing the evaporator. You should contact the installing company and have them diagnose the low airflow issue. That is assuming that you had a load analysis done before the system was installed? That's a basic requirement to keep from getting an over sized system that requires an airflow the ducts won't support. Keep in mind, it's a system, not a couple of boxes. Equipment size is connected to duct size is connected to supply outlet sizes is connected to return opening sizes is connected to blower size is connected to house needs. Drop the ball on one of those needs and the whole system is affected.
    If YOU want change, YOU have to first change.

If you are waiting for the 'other guy' to change first, just remember, you're the 'other guy's' other guy. To continue to expect real change when you keep acting the same way as always, is folly. Won't happen. Real change will only happen when a majority of the people change the way they vote!

Thanks, I'll call for service on Monday. The unit is a 2 ton, which is the same size as the old one and there was never any condensation so size wise, shouldn't it be okay?

It should be okay if it's the same size unit but that doesn't mean the airflow is the same. The tech should check the temperature drop across the coil as well as the indoor humidity level. If the temperature drop is much wider than 20°F, then condensation could be expected. Older units ran colder temps than the new units so if you're getting condensation now, I'd think the airflow must be way off or the refrigerant charge isn't correct.
    If YOU want change, YOU have to first change.

If you are waiting for the 'other guy' to change first, just remember, you're the 'other guy's' other guy. To continue to expect real change when you keep acting the same way as always, is folly. Won't happen. Real change will only happen when a majority of the people change the way they vote!