Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

carrier comfort link

hi i need to know how to get into the program on the comfort link to see alarms, change setpionts if anyone has any idea please let me know, thank you

Through the panel ?

the comfort link navigator tool makes it easier to change set points,view alarms etc, the tool could be bought from your local Carrier dealer.
    there was one for sale here some time ago,http://hvac-talk.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=650581

Quote Originally Posted by pyramid a/c View Post
    hi i need to know how to get into the program on the comfort link to see alarms, change setpionts if anyone has any idea please let me know, thank you
    Read he manual for the equipment you are working on there are detailed instructions for accessing the various menus.
    UA 100

It takes three people to do anything around here. Two do the work, one explains to the crowd of people who showed up when they seen smoke and flames.

Quote Originally Posted by Six View Post
    Through the panel ?
    no in the unit itself it is a stand alone unit with the panel inside, although the unit is running it is still sending an alarm and i cant get rid of it and everything is running normally.

Quote Originally Posted by Dallas Duster View Post
    Read he manual for the equipment you are working on there are detailed instructions for accessing the various menus.
    none better advice can be given
    It`s better to be silent and thought the fool; than speak and remove all doubt.

It may be working but I don't think its working normally if there is an active alarm. You haven't given enough information to even determine what you have. Do you have a PSIO controller, Scrolling Marquee, a PIC controller, etc.

Find the manual online and it will have the answers you are looking for. Good luck.

...Ron
    Roof Rat

Quote Originally Posted by pyramid a/c View Post
    no in the unit itself it is a stand alone unit with the panel inside, although the unit is running it is still sending an alarm and i cant get rid of it and everything is running normally.
    If its comfort link all of the alarms and set points are accessible through the front panel.

Owning a Navigator just means you can remote connect and cycle through the options from about 3 feet away. A Navigator is great when you come up on a Comfort link with a bad panel.

Otherwise the front panel can do everything the Navigator can do.

If you're asking for passwords I cant help you. I don't believe in giving those out arbitrarily.

If you want the manual then contact your local Carrier with the model and serial number and they will be happy to help or find it online.

Comfort Links are nice, press escape to clear the markee, scroll to alarms, press enter, press enter again on curr. alms.. It will show the alarm code, press escape and enter at the same time and it will read off the exact alarm/time/date. AS above, I wont give out passwords, your local carrier dealer tech wizz. can give you that. But above all-get the service manual on the unit.
    Damn phosgene

Quote Originally Posted by bustedknuckles View Post
    Comfort Links are nice, press escape to clear the markee, scroll to alarms, press enter, press enter again on curr. alms.. It will show the alarm code, press escape and enter at the same time and it will read off the exact alarm/time/date. AS above, I wont give out passwords, your local carrier dealer tech wizz. can give you that. But above all-get the service manual on the unit.
    the hardest part is finding the meaning of the alarm codes without the book, Carrier doesnt print them inside the units like most do, I've also found one where the default "1111" was changed to ????? and there was no way to get in, I still dont know they did it.

Quote Originally Posted by valdelocc View Post
    the hardest part is finding the meaning of the alarm codes without the book, Carrier doesnt print them inside the units like most do, I've also found one where the default "1111" was changed to ????? and there was no way to get in, I still dont know they did it.
    Press selct and enter at the same time. The alarm will read across the marq.

Quote Originally Posted by valdelocc View Post
    What were you working on a chiller?

Quote Originally Posted by Dallas Duster View Post
    What were you working on a chiller?
    Alarm codes Push escape and enter at same time the description will scroll across the marquee.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast