Post Likes

Mobile PX Graphics

See attached pictures. I'm playing around with mobile graphics for a project coming up and I'm having a problem with the Mobile PX page showing up on an iPad really small. You can zoom in but it seems like it should scale to the resolution of the iPad right away. Everything else does except the PX file. Ignore the bad graphic. I pulled it from a really old station and everything on it is all screwed up. I'm just trying to get the resolution to snap to the right size first before I move forward with making a new graphic.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Post Likes
    Do you have the scale of the canvas pane set to "fit ratio" ?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by mechmike2 View Post
    Do you have the scale of the canvas pane set to "fit ratio" ?
    Yes, at first the page was cutting off the edges of the Px file and "fit ratio" fixed that problem. Now I just can't figure out how to fix this problem. It seems like I'm missing something obvious here.

Post Likes
    Are you using vector graphics or the normal jpg, gif, etc?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by orion242 View Post
    Are you using vector graphics or the normal jpg, gif, etc?
    I was planning to use the new kitpxgraphics that came out with 3.7. The one in the picture is the old style graphics copy and pasted onto a pane from the mobile.jar. I didn't really think that would really matter at this point for the app resolution. If I go to the properties page or schedules mobile app or anything else the resolution is full screen size. It's just the mobile px view that does the weird scaling.

Post Likes
    Can't say I have done alot of mobile gfx but I'm pretty sure for the scaling to work as you want, it needs to be the newer px gfx that use vector graphics files. Without it would be all stretched to hell and nothing will line up correctly if it where to stretch them. What you have shown is definitely not the newer vector stuff they released to go along with the new mobile px profiles.
    Propagating the formula. http://www.noagendashow.com/

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by orion242 View Post
    Can't say I have done alot of mobile gfx but I'm pretty sure for the scaling to work as you want, it needs to be the newer px gfx that use vector graphics files. Without it would be all stretched to hell and nothing will line up correctly if it where to stretch them. What you have shown is definitely not the newer vector stuff they released to go along with the new mobile px profiles.
    I'm pretty sure it's not going to make a difference whether I use the old or new graphics. I deleted absolutely everything on the page except the background pane window and it still stays small like that. No difference. Plus I'm pretty sure the new stuff isn't vector anyways. If you extract the new jar file's folders all of the images are just gifs if remember correctly. Gifs are raster images. The new vector thing as of 3.7 only applies to the ability to add .svg vector images to a px file that are made outside of workbench. For that to work you have to install the svgbatik.jar to your jace. Although, I haven't done this yet so I can't speak from experience. I just read the svg help docs.

Post Likes
    Okay. I poked around some more and figured it out. It works pretty well actually. Even with the old graphics. I was using the wrong graphics pane. The border pane doesn't work right. The scroll pane works okay but the mobile pane works best it seems. So it seems that you can use any graphic whether it's vector or not and it works fine. See the image using the old graphics (animations actually work on the iPad). Also, the schedules and trends look really clean too.

I plan to just build my graphics as I normally would and then make a mobile PX file for each one and copy the contents onto each mobile PX file.

Post Likes
    FYI, It looks pretty much the same on an iPhone. You can pinch zoom on it and it looks completely normal.

Post Likes
    Is there a way to show the nav file on the PX page? I usually use PX include as global navigation file and now want to use the nav file but want it to be displayed on every graphic page on the left side. If I add the nav file to the PX page it shows up in Nav Editor view.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by khurram440 View Post
    Is there a way to show the nav file on the PX page? I usually use PX include as global navigation file and now want to use the nav file but want it to be displayed on every graphic page on the left side. If I add the nav file to the PX page it shows up in Nav Editor view.
    I haven't got that far with it yet. I've only started playing with mobile px since yesterday. Based on what I've seen so far I think the answer is probably no. I could be wrong though.

I think I understand what you are trying to do though and I think I'd be interested in figuring something like that as well.