Mcquay WSHP Lon Card Commissioning

Mcquay WSHP Lon Card Commissioning

On Monday I have to go out to a job, and help the controls contractor communicate to all of the WSHPs. He says he cannot communicate to any of them. He is getting a prompt that says the LON card needs commissioned. Now I am not that experienced with LON but wouldn't that mean that he needs to commission it onto his network so that everything can communicate to the JACE? I was told he is just trying to discover all of the neuron ids, and he is getting this prompt when he clicks on one of them. In the past when I have assisted the controls contractor with this type of issue I just sent out a service pin message, and they commissioned it from there. He has a Tridium JACE on this site. Can anyone give me some ideas of what I need to do or recommend the controls contractor to do when I get on site?

Thanks A lot!
    J. King

If he is getting a prompt to commission the WSHP's LON cards, they are communicating. If it is the points that are not working, make sure he has the right .xif file for those boards. I just did a McQuay WSHP integration a couple of months ago and it went pretty smooth. If I recall, there are some jumpers on the boards that need to be set up, but good luck getting your hands in there. All the info is in the manual. We had to use the service pin to get the Jace to see them also.

Good Luck

Quote Originally Posted by The Reaper View Post
    If he is getting a prompt to commission the WSHP's LON cards, they are communicating. If it is the points that are not working, make sure he has the right .xif file for those boards. I just did a McQuay WSHP integration a couple of months ago and it went pretty smooth. If I recall, there are some jumpers on the boards that need to be set up, but good luck getting your hands in there. All the info is in the manual. We had to use the service pin to get the Jace to see them also.

Good Luck
    I looked at the manual for the Microtech III board. It seems that all of the jumpers pertain to basic configuration of the board itself. Is there some other jumpers pertaining to LON? I saw something in the manual about the .xif files. How do I know if he has the right ones? Where can I download them at just in case he doesn't have them?
    J. King

Quote Originally Posted by apprentice3 View Post
    I looked at the manual for the Microtech III board. It seems that all of the jumpers pertain to basic configuration of the board itself. Is there some other jumpers pertaining to LON? I saw something in the manual about the .xif files. How do I know if he has the right ones? Where can I download them at just in case he doesn't have them?
    There is no LON specific jumper, it is critical however that the jumper for the thermostat matches whatever you are using or you wont see the points. I think the options are 'standard thermostat' or sensor. You can find the xif at LonMark.org. From there you must convert the xif to a LMNL file.
    "Controls is a lifestyle not a job" -klrogers

How do I convert the xif file to a lmnl file?

Thanks

Use the XML conversion tool in Workbench. Make sure that you include all the files that are required.
    "Controls is a lifestyle not a job" -klrogers