Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by ed-man View Post
    I'm sure he knows how to expansion valve works he took the head off of it as I said previously and we put it back together thought we may have had it I have worked with him on this chiller for 3 months. Off And. On I think very highly of him. He is just so busy. And. He don't work on chillers every day. I'm just. Thing to help. Him. Cause we will be trying again. Next week
    As you have found out there is not much to look at when you take apart this type of EXV. It is very unlikely that the push rod is hanging up. As for the power head you will need to leave that to your imagination. The actuator either works or it does not. It only takes at most 30 minute to trouble shoot, that's it. This is where ohms law applies.

An EXV has to be told what to do, If I were you I would not look at it for more than 30 minute in your last effort and final test. Its very clear that your problem lies elsewhere.

This is so basic that on average it should take no more than two hours for a true diagnosis. A decade box would help for sure.

sorry on response times computer difficulties

Quote Originally Posted by supertek65 View Post
    EEV

electronic expansion valve.

TEV

thermal expansion valve

TXV

slang for thermal expansion valve
    AEV

Automatic Expansion Valve
    How to make the perfect "Half-Hitch" knot or any other boyscout knot in 3 easy steps...

1. Remove your meter leads from the meter and very carefully return them to their storage case or bag.
    2. Wait 2 seconds
    3. Very carefully remove your meter leads from their storage place and enjoy your new knot!

Quote Originally Posted by alcomech View Post
    As you have found out there is not much to look at when you take apart this type of EXV. It is very unlikely that the push rod is hanging up. As for the power head you will need to leave that to your imagination. The actuator either works or it does not. It only takes at most 30 minute to trouble shoot, that's it. This is where ohms law applies.

An EXV has to be told what to do, If I were you I would not look at it for more than 30 minute in your last effort and final test. Its very clear that your problem lies elsewhere.

This is so basic that on average it should take no more than two hours for a true diagnosis. A decade box would help for sure.

That and ohming out the windings and checking the integrity of the cable.

I have three EXVs that I changed out 2 months ago if you still need one.

Sure do how much do you want and do you have the part numbers

show off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jayguy View Post
    AEV

Automatic Expansion Valve
    I WILL SELL WORK,GENERATE BUSINESS, GO GET NEW CUSTOMERS!
    YOU SHUT THE HELL UP AND QUIT RUNNING YOUR MOUTH!

I am not claiming to be a chiller tech, but whats your temp difference across your drier, the shell looking thing before your EXV. Or your air cooled or water cooled unit is seeing freezing cold temperatures... Grab your clamp on, check the temp out of the condenser, then check it before the EXV, is it the same temp, if no, why not?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12