York YKCF chiller

I'm new to chillers so bare with the stupidity. This chiller appeared low on charge [r134a] the cooler barrel has a sight glass , you can see the freon flashing off but no liquid level like the one next to it . I had about 13 subcooling , pressures were good , very low sh 3, the condenser liq. Level valve was about 37% set for 50 . Not sure what that means , wondering if there's any bulletins on charging procedures , thanks for any help in advance .

Contact a qualified chiller tech or do your due dilligence before arbitrarily dropping 134A in with out addresing the leak or whether or not its actually low on gas.

Sorry , yes there was a leak . It was fixed my jc , and didn't finish charging it .i will not be working on it but wanted to LEARN more about how to do it thanks anyway

You need to look at a lot of details approach of the evaporator and the condenser, water temps are also crucial if you have dirty tubes on the condenser machine will surge before full charge is reached. what load the machine is at and also the discharge superheat that the machine is supposed to run at full load.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by newbe0507 View Post
    I'm new to chillers so bare with the stupidity. This chiller appeared low on charge [r134a] the cooler barrel has a sight glass , you can see the freon flashing off but no liquid level like the one next to it . I had about 13 subcooling , pressures were good , very low sh 3, the condenser liq. Level valve was about 37% set for 50 . Not sure what that means , wondering if there's any bulletins on charging procedures , thanks for any help in advance .
    if anyone leak,you can base on design condition to charge refrigerant (LWT 7c , RWT 12.5c, FLA 100%, discharge superheat control at 7-10c )