CO deaths in Portsmouth VA

A couple was found dead in their apartment last week of apparent CO poisoning. CO was found in their apartment and 42 others. The CO Alarms didn't go off in any apartments because the levels were too low. They are suppose to go off after you die, I am pretty sure. Couple had been going to the doctor for a month because of headaches, nausea etc and diagnosed with all the wrong things. They had a CO Alarm in their apartment but it didn't go off. Another resident said theirs went off but they didn't know what it was.

The fire department is determining which appliances are unsafe or that how it sounds. I am sure there are a few contractors on HVAC-Talk that might want to offer a helping hand, of course that might involve some liability. I am guessing that will not be the last story from that complex.
    captain CO

You guessed correctly Jim. They are still having alarms go off as of Monday.

How do you like the fire departments way of testing for CO since they don't have a meter?! http://www.mercurynews.com/action-li...-killer-and-is

Quote Originally Posted by chuckcrj View Post
    You guessed correctly Jim. They are still having alarms go off as of Monday.

How do you like the fire departments way of testing for CO since they don't have a meter?! http://www.mercurynews.com/action-li...-killer-and-is
    Makes you feel warm and fuzzy all over!
    captain CO