Results 1 to 3 of 3
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Westlake, Ohio
    Posts
    2,535

    CO deaths in Portsmouth VA

    A couple was found dead in their apartment last week of apparent CO poisoning. CO was found in their apartment and 42 others. The CO Alarms didn't go off in any apartments because the levels were too low. They are suppose to go off after you die, I am pretty sure. Couple had been going to the doctor for a month because of headaches, nausea etc and diagnosed with all the wrong things. They had a CO Alarm in their apartment but it didn't go off. Another resident said theirs went off but they didn't know what it was.

    The fire department is determining which appliances are unsafe or that how it sounds. I am sure there are a few contractors on HVAC-Talk that might want to offer a helping hand, of course that might involve some liability. I am guessing that will not be the last story from that complex.
    captain CO

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    In a boiler room
    Posts
    7,224
    You guessed correctly Jim. They are still having alarms go off as of Monday.

    How do you like the fire departments way of testing for CO since they don't have a meter?! http://www.mercurynews.com/action-li...-killer-and-is

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Westlake, Ohio
    Posts
    2,535
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckcrj View Post
    You guessed correctly Jim. They are still having alarms go off as of Monday.

    How do you like the fire departments way of testing for CO since they don't have a meter?! http://www.mercurynews.com/action-li...-killer-and-is
    Makes you feel warm and fuzzy all over!
    captain CO

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event