Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ready to pay

ready to pay

so i am torn ready to bite the bullet and open my wallet up wide.
    digital gauges digicool, fielpiece or testo im still nervous that they will break but after using a coworkers i gotta have a set.
    sorry to beat a dead horse.

I recently felt the same as you. I took the plunge and bought a set of Digi-Cools and couldn't be happier with them, they make everything soooo much easier. Now my coworker wants a set and the supply house salesman was blown away with how nice they are, an he pushes the Testos. I sure whatever you end up with you'll be happy!

I would stay away from testo. When I was making my decision, I asked all the parts houses around here about the testos and smans. They all said the EXACT same thing. "We sell alot of both but we get ALOT of the testos back, broken after a small amount of use". So I was between smans and digicools. Never seen digicools, but the praise on this site was enough for me to seriously consider them. I liked the fieldpiece because of the simple easy to find temp sensors(k-type). But I liked the durabilty that had been talked about with the digicools. And since I wanted to use them on every call, not just problem calls like alot of the techs at the company I work for, I went with digicool. Plus if you get caught in a rain storm, you're no completely screwed.

So far I've been really happy with them. The stretchy velcro sensors arent as convenient as clamps, but I'm getting used to them. And I like the thermistor sensors. Theres my buying experience. Good luck with whatever you choose.

do any supply houses sell the digi cools nobody around here has ever heard of them. i would like to see them

Not that I know of. I got mine from trutechtools.com

Quote Originally Posted by cavalieri85 View Post
    do any supply houses sell the digi cools nobody around here has ever heard of them. i would like to see them
    I'd be happy to show you mine if you want to travel to Brevard County, Melbourne/Palm Bay area.
    We've been doing so much,for so long,with so little, that now we can do almost anything, with nothing at all.

I have had my DC for 2.5 years now. I can highly recommend it.

You won't have to worry about accidentally dropping it, or being caught in a rain shower.

Digi Cool AK900 and the SMAN3 are good digital manifolds. If you like Digi Cool the Sman2 is about the same price.

shop.rdholder.com
    5% off with hvactalk code

I wouldn't trade my SMAN3 for anything......except for an SMAN4.

Fieldpiece has the best possible customer support I have ever seen. I will take Fieldpiece products over Fluke and Testo any day of the week.
    If you're too "open" minded, your brains will fall out.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

SMAN 4 ?

Last week a cook dropped a bucket of parmesan cheese out of a cooler and dumped all over my digi-cool. I took it over to the sink sprayer and washed it off

The bucket hit my zipped up veto first lol

The cook freaked out I didn't flinch. Just started laughing
    “If You Can Dodge A Wrench You Can Dodge A Ball”

Lets stop talking about it and order a set of the digicools. We all cant be wrong here lol..

I own 2 sets. Never an issue. I wish I didnt wait as long as I did and I bought my first set over 2 years ago. Its august already. If you wait any longer you wont be getting much use out of them this year!
    Gotta have the right tool for the job!

Where is all the stuff MADE IN THE USA?

"Thats what we do Troy. Incredible, Invisible, Imbelivable things. We are an Unseen, Unknown, Unvincible fraternity of craftsman.."

Quote Originally Posted by Pascone10 View Post
    Lets stop talking about it and order a set of the digicools. We all cant be wrong here lol..

I own 2 sets. Never an issue. I wish I didnt wait as long as I did and I bought my first set over 2 years ago. Its august already. If you wait any longer you wont be getting much use out of them this year!
    Unless you do refrigeration.
    Do you think they'd be cheaper in the off season
    You can't kiss death without it kissing you back. Death is a passionate kisser.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast