Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 27 to 39 of 67
  1. #27
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Posts
    54
    Quote Originally Posted by mgibbs View Post
    That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen. Why didn't they put them on the ground and run duct work up outside of wall?

  2. #28
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Centerville, Iowa
    Posts
    395
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSchoolMech View Post
    I spit RedBull all over the CPU.
    How did you manage that, mine is inside the system unit tower hidden underneath the water-block/pump.
    To get the degree symbol ° on Windows hold down the Alt key and type 0176 on the keyboard number pad. It is also available via the character map, and on Windows 8.1 devices with a touchscreen via the on screen keyboard.

    There is no "E" in either BluVac or Blu-ray Disc.

    If you are the type where the painting is more important than the frame, or you just like movies, join me in listening to the widescreen.org podcast.

  3. #29
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Woodbridge Twp, NJ
    Posts
    1,308
    Quote Originally Posted by danielthechskid View Post
    How did you manage that, mine is inside the system unit tower hidden underneath the water-block/pump.
    He's on Wi-Fi
    Every customer you take for granted today will be someone else's tomorrow.

  4. #30
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    58
    I recognize a couple stickers on those units that tell what store they are for.

    Its a shame that store has those units installed like that, they are a good customer and pay for everything to get it fixed right.
    Reply With Quote
    You are correct y7turbo, and they are an excellent customer, they asked our opinion, and I told them they should either get the installing contractor to put them on the ground correctly installed, or we would be glad to do it.

    This is certainly not the type of installation they usually have on new store buildouts.

  5. #31
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    levittown, pa
    Posts
    67
    Unreal, even if they are still temporary. Someone could have came up with a better plan than that!!

  6. #32
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    London Ky.
    Posts
    26
    Hey Outcast, where in Somerset is this? I will be in town in a few days and would like to see this mess with my own 4 eyes

  7. #33
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    SW MO.
    Posts
    5,216
    Just as bad as some at a Dollartree store in Miami, Ok. I'll have to find the pic. At least those had a platform to stand on.

  8. #34
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    474
    Temporary.
    So if a kid goes on top of the unit to repair condenser fan motor and falls off, gets killed.
    Its only temporary?
    ENJOY THE RIDE

  9. #35
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Woodbridge Twp, NJ
    Posts
    1,308
    Quote Originally Posted by Peztoy View Post
    Temporary.
    So if a kid goes on top of the unit to repair condenser fan motor and falls off, gets killed.
    Its only temporary?
    Thats morbid..let's just say he breaks his leg. Then he can splint it with the platform leg.
    Every customer you take for granted today will be someone else's tomorrow.

  10. #36
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Orange County, in a Galaxy far far away...
    Posts
    277
    WOW... words fail me.

    It would've taken less effort to put them on ground, build a cage and install bollards in front of them. Much safer and cheaper to service in the long run.
    You cannot cheat an honest man. But that doesn't stop people trying!

  11. #37
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Darby, PA
    Posts
    561
    Its only due to the fact that those units are new do those pics look good. Otherwise, the potential liability of someone getting hurt, or even killed, would make one believe that this is the most unsafe install ever seen. I don't care who I work for, I would not even consider working on those units. Too much to consider: wood deteriorating, vehicle slamming into a support, slip and fall, drop a tool on someone, disconnect location, etc. Add a ladder and the potential increases! At least they have a "safety chain" on edge of platform (I guess that satisfied the local inspector.) Would not fly at all in these parts.
    Psalm 51:10, 12

  12. #38
    (The wise men of modern thought) adore a god made of putty or of wax - plastic, effeminate, molluscous, with no masculine faculty about him, and no quality that entitles him to the respect of just and honest men, for a being who cannot be angry at wrongdoing is destitute of one of the essential virtues, and a moral Ruler who is not angry with the wicked, and who refuses to punish crime, is not divine. ---Spurgeon

  13. #39
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Chicagoland Area
    Posts
    4,760
    Quote Originally Posted by ldmth44 View Post
    Its only due to the fact that those units are new do those pics look good. Otherwise, the potential liability of someone getting hurt, or even killed, would make one believe that this is the most unsafe install ever seen. I don't care who I work for, I would not even consider working on those units. Too much to consider: wood deteriorating, vehicle slamming into a support, slip and fall, drop a tool on someone, disconnect location, etc. Add a ladder and the potential increases! At least they have a "safety chain" on edge of platform (I guess that satisfied the local inspector.) Would not fly at all in these parts.
    You forgot bees/wasps. Just imagine you open up a panel on a nest. Where you gonna go?
    Officially, Down for the count

    YOU HAVE TO GET OFF YOUR ASS TO GET ON YOUR FEET

    I know enough to know, I don't know enough
    Liberalism-Ideas so good they mandate them

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event