I checked out my neighbors a/c today and noticed an old front tine tiller in her basement. She is a very nice and funny old lady. She smokes like a chimney and is very frank in her speech. Turns out the reason for the call was only a noisy scroll shut down.When it came time to "settle up", she asked how much she owed me and I, in response asked her about the tiller. She told me I could have it, and asked how much she owed me. I told her truthfuly that I had been looking for a tiller, and would be more than happy to take it as payment. She agreed on the deal and told me to come back for $ if I couldn't get it cranked. Very nice old lady. I got the tiller home, wiped it off, cleaned the carb, gas tank, fuel line (metal), and put new gas in it and it fired up on the 2nd pull with the choke on. This thing is an early 50's model and looks new! I love old machines that still work.And people too. Reverse those last two sentences, if you please.

[Edited by renaissanse man on 08-31-2006 at 01:11 AM]
    Luke 6:31

I got a 1970 Yamaha 125 for an ignitor in an Amana Energy Command once.............good deal, I had lot's of fun with that old bike.

How did ya fix the noisy scroll, I got a customer with one of them, IMO I need to change the compressor.
    Hey cockroach, don't bug me!

www.AskTheDiceman.com

www.TheColdConspiracy.com

www.Pennwood-HVAC.Com

Bring Em Home....

Never mind that scroll dice,get over here & help my wife get that toilet up stairs.

What would you rather mess with?
    or
    There's TREACHERY AFOOT!!!

I hear ya. I just bought a 20 year old Simplicity lawn tractor, 25 HP with plow, thrower, 50" mowing deck, trailer. The older, the steel is even better. Nothing today was built like it was, and I felt like I stole it.

That tiller will last too.

Originally posted by Dowadudda
    I hear ya. I just bought a 20 year old Simplicity lawn tractor, 25 HP with plow, thrower, 50" mowing deck, trailer. The older, the steel is even better. Nothing today was built like it was, and I felt like I stole it.

That tiller will last too.
    Hey D4, you coming over today to borrow my trailer?

Originally posted by Diceman
    How did ya fix the noisy scroll, I got a customer with one of them, IMO I need to change the compressor.
    I told her to call me when it quit.
    Luke 6:31