CARRIER 38TXA060

Compressor sounds like it's slugging.
    83* ambient
    65* WB @ evaporator return
    Hi side 350 psig.
    Line temp. 75*
    Lo side 110 psig.
    Line temp. 36*
    I believe it has a Accu Rater piston metering device. There was no external TXV
    Suction line was 7/8 but the manual recommends 1-1/8
    So as you see I have no superheat and about 35* sub-cooling.
    Looks over charged to me what's everyone else think ?

What flavor of refrigerant?

Quote Originally Posted by KB Cool View Post
    What flavor of refrigerant?
    With those operating pressures, I hope it's 410a.

R410a Puron I'll add that to my first post thanks.
    Ohhh guess not. My edit time was up.

Are you sure it's not an indoor airflow problem? Were you able to verify evaporator was clean and the filter was good? What was the indoor TESP? What were the SA and RA temps? It just seems like your low side is low for an IWB of 65.

Quote Originally Posted by FutureTech View Post
    Are you sure it's not an indoor airflow problem? Were you able to verify evaporator was clean and the filter was good? What was the indoor TESP? What were the SA and RA temps? It just seems like your low side is low for an IWB of 65.
    EAC with mesh filters. Yes I did check them and they were good. Supply was about 62* & return 80* so a 18* split. I did not check TESP.

LL temp below ambient. Compressor probally drinking liquid!!! Maybe bypassing indoor metering device. Whats the dischage temp?

LL temp below ambient. Compressor probally drinking liquid!!! Maybe bypassing indoor metering device. Whats the dischage temp?
    I did not check the discharge temp. My bad. I think the condenser is stacked up with liquid. My first thought was a wide open TXV but there was not one visible at the air handler. Of course that does not mean there is not one tucked in with the coil. I should have check that. Another bad. But if it is a piston how could that flood back ?

If only there was a parrot watching over that unit.
    I would ask him what the last HACK I mean tech did.

Quote Originally Posted by VTP99 View Post
    I did not check the discharge temp. My bad. I think the condenser is stacked up with liquid. My first thought was a wide open TXV but there was not one visible at the air handler. Of course that does not mean there is not one tucked in with the coil. I should have check that. Another bad. But if it is a piston how could that flood back ?
    Put in backwards!! with the bullet tip facing out instead of in!! I would close down the LL service valve to meter the refrigerant manually to stop the floodback and see what happens.

Put in backwards!! with the bullet tip facing out instead of in!! I would close down the LL service valve to meter the refrigerant manually to stop the floodback and see what happens.
    Why didn't I think of that ( meter the liquid ) I like it and will try that before I pull the charge and see how much refrigerant I get.
    Thanks KB

I guess you could have a couple evap circuits clogged. But, stop the floodback and re-check. It's slugging correct?

I guess you could have a couple evap circuits clogged. But, stop the floodback and re-check. It's slugging correct?
    Sure sounds like its slugging. Don't you think that if I was stacked up, my high side pressure would be higher ?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast