Thread: micron gages

Post Likes
    What type of micron gages are the best type to use? I'm needing to get one but there is so many different types on the market that I'm just not sure what kind is the best. Any advice would be appreciated.

Post Likes
    any one that doesn't say supco.
    FILL OUT YOUR PROFILE!!

Post Likes
    I have a thermal and like it. One employee has the old SUPCO and it is OK. Two others have the new SUPCO and like them. As long as it works, and it is used, they are great. I think it is a personal preference.

Post Likes
    I still use my good ole Thermal analog unit. Have tried a few different digitals but just can't bring myself to trust something that fits in the palm of my hand I guess.

Post Likes
    Thermal analog, good old reliable unit. I tried a digital and didn't like it at all.

Post Likes
    one question guys, what makes the Supco guages so bad. Just curious as I have one. I use on all of my installs and change outs, and haven't had any problems. Not trying to start anything here but I'd like to know so I can start looking into something different.
    "If you can't fix it, don't break it."

Post Likes

recovery machines

Thanks guys for the information on the micron gages. Does anyone know if Robinair makes a good recovery system that is reliable? I'm a student at WEST Central Technical College taking air-conditioning technology and I'm wanting to get some of the equipment up that I'll be needing in the field, but I just don't really know what names are reliable in the equipment. All the information you can give will be appreciated.

Post Likes
    I agree with Duct DR. I use a Supco all the time and have had no issues with it. Been a great little gauge.
    "Go big or Go Home"

Post Likes
    I have an old style Supco vacuum gauge that works fairly well for having such poor resolution.
    I got a Yellow Jacket 69075 at the beginning of the summer. I'll never go back to the Supco unless my Yellow Jacket breaks. The 69075 reads from atmosphere down to 1 micron.

As for recovery machines, I really like my Appion G5 Twin more than any machine I have used.

Post Likes
    Originally posted by mark beiser
    I have an old style Supco vacuum gauge that works fairly well for having such poor resolution.
    I got a Yellow Jacket 69075 at the beginning of the summer. I'll never go back to the Supco unless my Yellow Jacket breaks. The 69075 reads from atmosphere down to 1 micron.

As for recovery machines, I really like my Appion G5 Twin more than any machine I have used.

ditto on both items. have had the micron gage a few months now and love it. just used the new G5 yesterday and it is FAST.

Post Likes

Re: recovery machines

Originally posted by mpw
    I'm a student at WEST Central Technical College taking air-conditioning technology and I'm wanting to get some of the equipment up that I'll be needing in the field, but I just don't really know what names are reliable in the equipment.
    Put the money in the bank. don't buy the equipment yet. Many employers provide the large items -- vacuum pumps, recovery machines, etc. You will need hand tools, but I'd wait on the big items.
    Perhaps you should have read the instructions before calling.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in