Thread: Lennox Guys

Lennox Guys,
    I have a little experince in commercial units,I have a Model# LGA150sHiY Ser# 5696J00226
    My number one compressor is going off on high head, my pressures are fine so I'm going to change my switch. And see if that will fix it. I,s it surppose to not let the number two compressor come when this happens.
    My next question is on a Lennox unit that has four compressors. Can i remove one of the compressor that is bad and let the other three run . Or will it see it out of the curcuit and not let the others run
    Thanks Guys !
    koolmac

I do it all the time for temporary situations till I get a part in. I would check the dip switch setting to see if you are telling it that it has 4 fans oe such.HP cut out on an L series usually means you have a dirty coil . Or a loose connection on the spade connector on the switch. They strap everything down so tight on those units.

so the dip-switches have to be set in the right order to by-pass the compressor that is giving me the promblem.
    Thanks for the help !
    koolmac

It is 96 model. Thus I would not think anyone would mess around with the board setting. Take genesis advice and check your condenser coil.

Further more, check to see if anyone replaced the condenser fan motor with a generic type motor, that would not handle the heat. It may shut off while you are not there.

Yes you can isolate the bad compressor out by removing the compressor wires off its contactor

You Guys ROCK !
    THANKS ! THANKS!
    koolmac

That era of Lennox LGA units had a problem with the condenser fans free wheeling when not powered and starting backward when power was applied. Some units have an anti-windmilling in the ECTO settings that unload all the fans from power when more fans are required to start. Lennox used to also supply a kit to section off the areas that the condenser fans pull from, but they no longer offer this as a kit, the company I work for had to fabricate them from scratch to get so 1996 unit to operate without tripping the head pressure switch due to the second fan running backward when powered. If the units have no low ambient controls on them starting all the fans at once is another option.
    "Paddle faster, I hear banjo music"

With the one tripping on high head,Does it keep them all held out. And on a different note you guys say that the one with four compressors i can disable the compressor and the other three will contune to cycle on and off.
    koolmac

They shut down in circuits. Stage one can have one in error code and the other working. Question do you have this on a Novar energy management system?? If so they can read the error codes from affar. And yu will be getting a call because your TDs are wrong.

Thanks for the help what are TD. And how do i check to see if i am in this mode. Sorry but i,m green on this....Thanks again for the help !
    koolmac

I forgot to ask you abount the Novar system
    koolmac