AX Recover Resource File

Is it possible to recover the resource file for a particular device from an FX60? The original installer is out of the picture and we don't currently have FX Builder/CommPro/etc to pull it from the controller. We mostly just need to map some additional points. These are FX-VMA SD controllers.

If it truly a FX style VMA with FX builder then there is only a 1-way file, you can only download to the controller. You cannot upload the file from the controller at all, you have to have the original file. If the installer did not leave it stored on the FX60 in a file somewhere then you are SOL and will have to redo the application from scratch.

-Jeremy

That's disappointing to hear, but may save us a lot of money by not buying FX Tools. If the file were left on the FX, how/where would I find it? So far as I know, there's not just a file system browser or search function in it.

In Niagara AX you just look in the files container. There the folders and files for the system exist such as PX files & graphics files. I build a directory and place all the .apd files for the site in that directory right under the main file root on the AX supervisor or JACE.

Open the NAV tree, not the JCI Navigation tree and just go into files. If it is not shown in your default view then you may have to click on sidebars icon on the top and select Nav to show it.

-Jeremy

It seems their contractor was not so awesome as that. I even searched through an extracted backup just to verify. No dice.

So once an apd is uploaded and the device is integrated, Niagara doesn't retain the apd? I guess what I'm looking for at this point is each controller property sheet has /JCI Device Extensions/Resource File Info/Resource File/"file:C:/WINPRO/FILES/AFRC/VAV_203.apd" and I was hoping the FX would retain that exact file somewhere.

The apd is the actual application inside the controller and determines how it works. To add points to the JACE you just add a new point and point it to either the correct N2 address in the control or the BACnet instance of the object, depending if it is BACnet or not.

The resource file isn't really used by the JACE unless you are using pre-built JCI graphics and PX files, but to add points you just need to know what the point adress or instance is and add it. Unfortunately, to know which points they made available on the N2 or BACnet bus you need the APD file to see, or one of the reports from FX Builder that shows the point mapping.

-Jeremy