Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I had that problem once and the problem was the liquid line dryer, y don't remember if this model has it, the other is to check your instrumentation values with other gauges and thermometers, ampmeters.

york ys

a dirty filter drier in these machines causes poor oil return

i'm sorry, i thought it was a smaller chiller, these machines have an electric flow control and it's contrlled by the optiview considering several parameters, i think it's a control or sensor problem, i had a problem once with a broken cable in the low pressure transducer and it wasn't reading well, it was giving a low pressure value.

Quote Originally Posted by Oscar E & E
    i'm sorry, i thought it was a smaller chiller, these machines have an electric flow control and it's contrlled by the optiview
    The chiller in question doesn't have an Optiview control panel. It's a style "A" screw that came out before Optiview. This chiller probably was built in 1990-91.

Quote Originally Posted by servicetrane
    a dirty filter drier in these machines causes poor oil return
    I don't believe the OP has mentioned anything about oil return being a problem.

Actually, the OP does indicate they've lost oil out of the seperator. I wonder if a bunch of oil was added to the machine and is logged in the evap. I know when you loos oil into the evap you can get the transducer error. This could explain the lower than usual delta on the evap but not the out of equal numbers when compared to the cond. May even explain the high pressure if someone added a ton of oil. Personally, I'd probably do as others have suggested and verify the calibration of the related sensors-temp and pressure- garbage in is garbage out. Then let that baby sit for a while and equalize out on temps and check the charge of a load of noncondensibles.

The OP hasn't been on the forum since 8/9. Maybe he could tell us what he discovered.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12