Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: what do techs expect out of dispatchers? is this the topic here?

Originally posted by isitfixedyet
    Originally posted by acdispatch
    Who comes first the customer or the Tech?
    OR IS THE TOPIC , WHO COMES FIRST THE CUSTOMER
    THE CUSTOMER DOESNT KNOW ENOUGH INFO TO MAKE A WELL informed decision, and the dispatcher, doesnt know enough either!
    end of story-bottom line, period!
    help your techs help you make money and pay your bills dont piss them off, because the customer doesnt want to pay their bill, or doesnt like the techs answers!
    or any other reason.
    work togeather and everyones happy!
    I believe your wrong in the fact that the customer & the dispatcher doesnt know enough! The customers tell us as much info as they can. I know that usually the customer doesnt know much but that is where your job comes into play. If they tell the CRS what the unit is doing or not doing & the CSR relay's that info to the dispatcher then I would think that we pay technicians to figure out the problem otherwise we would all be out of business.

I do understand that if there was a technician in the office at all times that they would be able to get some kind of idea of what is wrong & inform the tech that is going out there what maybe a possibility of what is wrong....but we pay techs more than office staff. I dont know any tech that would sit in the office & answer phones.

Answering phones is not a hard job but it does take a certain person to do it. You need people who like what they are doing to make the customer feel comfortable with your company. A new customers first impression of the company is the person that answers the phone & if that person is not happy with there job it shows across the phone even though the customer can not see you.

right, here! in the heartland of the homeland!

Re: Re: what do techs expect out of dispatchers? is this the topic here?

Originally posted by isitfixedyet
    Who comes first the customer or the Tech?
    OR IS THE TOPIC , WHO COMES FIRST THE CUSTOMER
    THE CUSTOMER DOESNT KNOW ENOUGH INFO TO MAKE A WELL informed decision, and the dispatcher, doesnt know enough either!
    end of story-bottom line, period!
    help your techs help you make money and pay your bills dont piss them off, because the customer doesnt want to pay their bill, or doesnt like the techs answers!
    or any other reason.
    work togeather and everyones happy!
    I believe your wrong in the fact that the customer & the dispatcher doesnt know enough!
    (ANSWER) IF THE CUSTOMER KNEW ENOUGH THE CUSTOMER COULD FIX IT THEMSELVES, RIGHT? The customers tell us as much info as they can.
    (ANSWER) TRUE, THEY CAN HELP US WITH DIRECTIONS ON SAVING DRIVING TIME, AND INFORMATION THAT CAN SAVE DIAGNOSTIC TIME. I know that usually the customer doesnt know much but that is where your job comes into play.
    (ANSWER ) THAT IS WHAT I SAID, ISNT IT TO HELP THEM MAKE A WELL INFORMED DECISION , THATS WHAT THE TECH DOES !I FEEL LIKE I GOT CRS SYNDROME? If they tell the CRS what the unit is doing or not doing & the CSR relay's that info to the dispatcher then I would think that we pay technicians to figure out the problem otherwise we would all be out of business.
    (ANSWER) YOU DONT NEED TO CALL EACH CUSTOMER BACK AND TELL THEM WHAT THE PROBLEM IS, WHEN THE CUSTOMER IS STANDING OVER THE TECH'S SHOULDER? HOPEFULLY YOURE NOT TELLING THE CUSTOMERS THAT THE TECH IS WRONG OR PICKING FIGHTS WITH THE TECH, AND TELLING THE TECH , YOU NEED MORE INFO TO TELL THE CUSTOMER THE TECH DOESNT KNOW WHAT HES DOING, THE CUSTOMER PAYS THE TECH! AND THE CUSTOMER PAYS YOU, AND SO ON, AND IF YOU MAKE EACHOTHER LOOK BAD , THE COMPANY'S IMAGE SUFFERS AS WELL!
    I do understand,
    (ANSWER) YOU CAN CALL A TECH ON A TALK AROUND CHANNEL, IF YOU NEED TO ASK A TECH A QUESTION OR SIMPLY PUT THE CUSTOMER ON HOLD WHILE RADIOING THE TECH, OR CALL HIM ON A CELL, AND ASK IF HE CAN TALK AND TURN WRENCHES AT THE SAME TIME? TECHS DIAGNOSE FORM THEIR OWN INDEPENDANT FINDING TO ENSURE CUSTOMER SATISFACTION AND QUALITY WORKMANSHIP! that if there was a technician in the office at all times that they would be able to get some kind of idea of what is wrong & inform the tech that is going out there what maybe a possibility of what is wrong....but we pay techs more than office staff. I dont know any tech that would sit in the office & answer phones.
    (ANSWER) I DONT KNOW ANY TECH THAT LIKES TO BE TOLD HES WRONG , WHILE HES SWEATING FIXING IT, OR THAT IT COULD BE SOMETHING ELSE , UNTIL HE HAS COMPLETELY DIAGNOSED THE PROBLEMO!

Answering phones is not a hard job but it does take a certain person to do it. You need people who like what they are doing to make the customer feel comfortable with your company. A new customers first impression of the company is the person that answers the phone & if that person is not happy with there job it shows across the phone even though the customer can not see you.
    (ANSWER) GOOD THING YOU ASKED WHAT TECHS NEED FROM THEIR DISPATCHERS, TECHS LIKE A TEAM PLAYER TO HELP THEM IN ALL SITUATIONS, BE USER FRIENDLY TO YOUR TECH! IT BENEFITS THE COMPANY AND YOU TOO!
    AND NO MATTER WHAT THE CUSTOMER PAYS YOUR WAGES, SO DO YOURSELF A BENEFIT MAKE YOUR TECHS SHINE, SO TO SPEAK, AND HE WILL YOU, AND YOUR COMPANY WILL SHINE TOGEATHER!!!
    TECHS RELY ON YOUR RESOURCEFULNESS, TIMLINESS, HELPFULNESS, COOPERATION, AND CUSTOMER PR SKILLS WHEN HIS FAILS OR ABILITY TO REASON WITH THE CUSTOMER FAILS OR ANOTHER COMPANY HAS FRUSTRATED THE CUSTOMER, YOU CAN INCORPORATE YOUR SKILLS TO DEFUSE THE PROBLEM IF THE CUSTOMER , CANT UNDERSTAND OR REASON, BUT DONT OPEN A NEW CAN OF WORMS OR ASK OPEN ENDED QUESTIONS TO KEEP THE FIRE GOING, OR STIR THE POT , JUST BECAUSE YOU CAN!
    sorry for the capitol letters! just be fair to your techs, no favortism, or games and everyone benefits!
    dont hold onto calls till the end of the day, or keep recheduling the unimportant ones, dont let techs tell you what calls they wont do, just what they cant do, dont give another someone elses call backs unless, they share them, or a unzoned or busy at the time if cant be reschiduled for that same day, before the tech goes home! share unit replacement calls with all the techs equally, get phone numbers for techs and all pertinent info as to the directions and a brief description of the problem, dont try to diagnose it to the customer, unless its a breaker trip from a power outage in the area or storm over night thing, you have to be a diplomat as well as the tech, ask if theres a dog, and have the customers make the call accessable, etc;
    yada yada yada

[Edited by isitfixedyet on 08-31-2006 at 08:27 PM]

Hmm

i see isitfixed yet has not found a job yet.

Originally posted by acbyj208
    LOL

eventu rerum stolidi didicere magistro

well i have not read the whole thread but my thoughts on dispatchers. They should do what they supposed to dispatch. most here beleive techs are low end bums and they they tech behind the phone. act like they run the company and the big cheeses. boy is it nice to sit on your ass take calls and boss the techs and tell them what to do and what they going to make on the call. wish they had to take responsibility to all the call but naw tech did it. so any dispatcher no offense but do bloody job.

soon baby soon!

Originally posted by acbyj208
    I will be back to work this week, why? Because I have the Experience to write my own ticket!
    Thanks for the encouragement, Kevin, I thought I had alot of time on my hands, I see you are due for another spankin, LOL

i recently went to work for a new company.now i will be the first to say techs are what makes you your money, but the company i work for techs have no accountability what so ever.they have a couple of dispatchers, one comes in and starts at 6 am calling the techs to get them out of bed. she literally calls each one of us to get us up.if a part is ordered wrong they blame the parts lady, not us. if we decide to take an aftrnoon off, our dispatcher has to call the customer and explain why.we make prices as we go, and hope nobody forgets tell the dispatcher that tells the customer.we also get what we want, we are highly paid, get great commisions, plus our trucks to take home.this is the first place i have worked where we got this much freedom.one thing i have noticed. if you give a serviceman to much lead way will he take advantage of it???? for me time will tell

the otherside of the coin!

I agree, it all depends , on what the dispatcher wants to do, and their attitude.
    its a win win situation, and it all depends what they want to say,sometimes theres too much info given by the tech or the dispatcher,,
    and the pricing is pending on what the tech finds, and the hrly rate and service call , is generally the only info the customer needs, without alot of other details,,,
    or too much info, so to speak..
    I am sure theres alot of ther questions they may have , and those should be addressed, carefully too,,
    no promises, and so on!

All I want

From the girls.... Customer name, address, phone number and a short summary of the complaint...... The rest I will figure out when I get there....

Don't over complicate everything.
    Life goes on long after the thrill of living is gone.

the one thing I like about where I work is we all look out for each other.
    Our dispatcher is our service manager and SHE is great.
    We all make mistakes, order wrong part, get lingo mixed up, ect, but we always cover each others back and continue to make our boss good money.

I hate the term "team player" but thats what it is.

I agree with travistee. In our company we all take care of each other. It makes going to work easier every morning knowing that the people you work with will take care of you if you make a mistake as well as you taking care of the person that makes the mistake. In the busy season the service dept. is aware of how much someone works if that be the CSR, Dispatcher, service techs or the service manager. If the service techs work late then so does the dispatcher & service manager. Everyone works as a team. In the slower season the CSR & Dispatcher work on keeping the service techs busy as well as try to give the techs the time needed off to relax & spend time as one would wish.

The service dept works with the install dept to either train them in areas that they are not familiar with and helps them become better. we hire for attitude and train for skill.

RE:"What do techs expect out of Dispatchers? "

one damn word,RESPECT!!!!!!!
    I don’t always drink beer, but when I do I prefer Dos-Equis. I am the most interesting man in the world. Stay thirsty my friends.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12