Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Six View Post
    And that's because of SUVs and because we didn't heed Al Gores warning and start throwing money at the climate extremist to save us ???

Jeesus, more inane hyperbolic nonsense. THIS is what I'm talking about.

We've spewed so much CO2s into our atmosphere we've actually caused massive droughts retro-actively.

Like the 1930s dust bowl in the mid west. Yep, SUVs did that and Coal fired plants too.

But Wait....drought conditions are not that uncommon on the west coast of many continents.

Hell I should have sold my Ford F250 years ago and sent a check off for exhaling Co2 to Al Gore years ago.

Please provide proof that releasing CO2s into the atmosphere caused the recent drought and all of the droughts that have come before it.
    Prove that it isn't.
    Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference. —Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Tool-Slinger View Post
    Re-read the posts buddy, Printer is a sorta libby. There is some common ground here I can see, I think it is kind of exciting.

Nice if we can find some unity for a change.

I love arguing with everybody, I learn new things that way, but it makes me feel real good when we agree on something too.
    Strange liberal. I do not believe that we should saddle future generations with debt and instead set up our countries to thrive. I feel the same way about where we live and the world we will leave for our children's children.

I think that there is no free lunch, liberals think the costs do not have to be paid and conservatives figure if we wait long enough the problem will solve itself. Basically both groups want someone else to pay for it.

Do you think I just pissed everybody off?
    Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference. —Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    In the scientific community; one STARTS with a hypotheses. Then they look for data to PROVE the viability of the theory. Now this is critically important:

Unless an experiment can be duplicated by ANYONE, at ANY PLACE, with the SAME RESULTS... then the outcome is ONLY THEORY... it is NOT proven.

So far, I have yet to see ANY record of a viable experiment which can be repeatedly duplicated with the same results, to PROVE any of the claims of man-made climate change.

ALL I have seen so far is:
    Oh, the world is warming... so it HAS to be mankind's fault... or
    Oh, this (fill in the blank) is wrong (is it really wrong, or just something someone either does not like it or realizes they can use it for political gain) so it has to be mankinds's fault... or
    Oh, you have been TOO successful, you should be ashamed of yourself... (insert guilt trip supported with fuzzy and un-provable science).

Regardless... I have yet to see any experiment which can be duplicated all over the world by any scientist in any country with THE SAME RESULTS.

Until I do see this... man-made climate change is ONLY AN UNPROVEN THEORY.

Now if anyone does not like this... PLEASE SHOW ME IRREFUTABLE proof that will stand up to the rules of scientific proof noted above... PLEASE SHOW ME, I am willing to listen... however ONLY if the replicatable proof is there.
    What experiment do you propose to do on a global scale? Or are we not doing one now?

For all those who complain about personal automobiles, consider that commercial jet airliners make thousands of times as much pollution as cars, per person per mile, and that takes into account the typical one person per car and sardine-seating on the airliners. I have no basis to argue about climate change causes, but I know something about what pollutes more and less. There are of course many more cars than aircraft, but the planes are still a much bigger 'problem', if indeed the pollution is a problem. Air travel has gotten so cheap that people use it today, who would never have afforded it in the decade past but would have loaded into the station wagon and drove for 3 days. It's grown tremendously. Rail is better for less pollution per ton hauled, people or freight. nothing's as quick as a plane though and some business relies on fast travel. Business also likes to control things and putting someone on a flight removes the possibility of the employee incurring uncontrolled or unforeseen expense. I like to drive though, and if i have to be in Boston for a 4-day training, I'll take some vacation days and drive it. Lovely scenery, interesting people!

You are beginning to sound like a liberal... Hope this is not contagious... if so I will have to leave ARP again... Because:

That liberal bug stuff is simply NOT acceptable to me...
    NOOOOO!!!!

I am not a liberal. Screw the liberal solution of legislating solutions to BS they can neither prove nor understand. I HATE THAT> And I will fight hem tooth and nail.

I still celebrate the rare times when we find common ground/interests.

I am a hard-core republican with a libertarian bent. Dick Armey type of guy politically. I am fairly radical, Dick might disown me. I hope George Washington would approve, the man

I love the intellectual interaction with you guys, I am not intending to be coaxing favor nor antagonizing conflict. Just discussing.

I am only one voice here, mine has no merit over any other. Just the thoughts of one man. Your participation should not hinge upon my fragile input.

I am sorry if I offended you. I have been diagnosed with "Occasional Idiot Syndrome" but my disability bennies have not kicked in yet, so I still have to attend that annoying work/appearance thing.
    "You boys are really making this thing harder than it has to be". Me

"Who ARE you people? And WHAT are you doing in my SWAMP!?" Shrek

Service calls submitted after 3PM will be posted the next business day.

I give free estimates [Wild Ass Guesses] over the phone.

"I am sorry for interrupting, please continue with your quarreling" Some chick on TV

Quote Originally Posted by printer2 View Post
    Strange liberal. I do not believe that we should saddle future generations with debt and instead set up our countries to thrive. I feel the same way about where we live and the world we will leave for our children's children.

I think that there is no free lunch, liberals think the costs do not have to be paid and conservatives figure if we wait long enough the problem will solve itself. Basically both groups want someone else to pay for it.

Do you think I just pissed everybody off?
    Printer. I think you and I both just made everybody mad.

They will listen, but they may not hear.

"I am sorry for interrupting, please continue with your quarreling" Some chick on TV

Quote Originally Posted by Opcom View Post
    For all those who complain about personal automobiles, consider that commercial jet airliners make thousands of times as much pollution as cars, per person per mile, and that takes into account the typical one person per car and sardine-seating on the airliners. I have no basis to argue about climate change causes, but I know something about what pollutes more and less. There are of course many more cars than aircraft, but the planes are still a much bigger 'problem', if indeed the pollution is a problem. Air travel has gotten so cheap that people use it today, who would never have afforded it in the decade past but would have loaded into the station wagon and drove for 3 days. It's grown tremendously. Rail is better for less pollution per ton hauled, people or freight. nothing's as quick as a plane though and some business relies on fast travel. Business also likes to control things and putting someone on a flight removes the possibility of the employee incurring uncontrolled or unforeseen expense. I like to drive though, and if i have to be in Boston for a 4-day training, I'll take some vacation days and drive it. Lovely scenery, interesting people!
    Public buses here belch black smoke, often no passengers..

Quote Originally Posted by printer2 View Post
    What experiment do you propose to do on a global scale? Or are we not doing one now?
    Without a repeatable experiment with the same results... there is NO scientific proof... PERIOD. Debate is not an issue. SOOOO

If the GW or CC crowd wants to say they have the backing of scientists... they need repeatable experiments with same results. No repeatable experiments with same results... the THEORY is just that; a theory with NO proof. And until there is irrefutable proof... it is nothing more than fear based politics.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

NOOOOO!!!!

I am not a liberal. Screw the liberal solution of legislating solutions to BS they can neither prove nor understand. I HATE THAT> And I will fight hem tooth and nail.

I still celebrate the rare times when we find common ground/interests.

I am a hard-core republican with a libertarian bent. Dick Armey type of guy politically. I am fairly radical, Dick might disown me. I hope George Washington would approve, the man

I love the intellectual interaction with you guys, I am not intending to be coaxing favor nor antagonizing conflict. Just discussing.

I am only one voice here, mine has no merit over any other. Just the thoughts of one man. Your participation should not hinge upon my fragile input.

I am sorry if I offended you. I have been diagnosed with "Occasional Idiot Syndrome" but my disability bennies have not kicked in yet, so I still have to attend that annoying work/appearance thing.
    Well, as long as folks will strongly rebuke liberal principles... that is all I need to hear. Not that my opinion matters... however: You pass my approval of being somewhere between a Conservative, a Constitutionalist, and a Libertarian. Now how about lets share one:
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

Public buses here belch black smoke, often no passengers..
    Thankfully, most of the buses here run on CNG. Slow, but they are clean.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

Can anyone give me feedback on this idea?

We are creating cold pockets all around the globe known as air conditioned buildings....say 1/4 of the globe was completely covered in air conditioned buildings that transfer heat from inside to outside...where does this heat go? To the other 3/4 of the globe that is left...so 3/4 of the globe not only contains the heat it would naturally have but also the heat transferred from the 1/4 that is covered in buildings PLUS the heat caused by the transfer process.

Well, as long as folks will strongly rebuke liberal principles... that is all I need to hear. Not that my opinion matters... however: You pass my approval of being somewhere between a Conservative, a Constitutionalist, and a Libertarian. Now how about lets share one:
    I think the burden of proof is upon the wieners griping about global warming being caused by human activity. I am open to theories, but I see no viable proof. In science we can discuss it in fairness, but they can legislatively stuff it up the anus for now. With a heavy hammer.

Now me and printer agree that waste and excess is a societal problem aggravating the issue.

I am not a 'sell out' for some silly reason, I am just one of you guys. I fix ACs, I drive a 97 ford, just a small owner with a helper. I would gladly share a beer with you, I keep plenty stocked in the fridge. Like the one I am having now. It is kind of a food staple, because you have to drink a lot of beer to earn calories needed to do the kind of physical work we have to do.

Quote Originally Posted by AStudent View Post
    Can anyone give me feedback on this idea?

We are creating cold pockets all around the globe known as air conditioned buildings....the heat from said buildings must go somewhere....say 1/4 of the globe was completely covered in air conditioned buildings that transfer heat from inside to outside...where does this heat go? To the other 3/4 of the globe that is left...so 3/4 of the globe not only contains the heat it would naturally have but also the heat transferred from the 1/4 that is covered in buildings PLUS the heat caused from the transfer process.
    Wow where did you get that from? You my friend are way off base, no off the planet in that statement. How about a link? This should be interesting.

Land covers only 29% of the earth's surface. The rest is covered by water. You have deserts, mountains, forrests, jungle and vast areas of frozen tundra making up the land mass.

I suspect buildings would make up a lost less than 0.1% of the land mass at best and then by deduction only 0.029% of the surface of the world. Thank you, thank you very much
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast