Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tubing benders

Tubing benders

I'm finally gonna break down and buy one. I've used the Yellow Jacket but online research comes up with a Master Cool thats a little cheaper. Anyone know anything about Master Cool? I recognize and trust the Yellow Jacket name, but Master Cool is new to me. Thanks. John

Quote Originally Posted by tinnerjohn View Post
    I'm finally gonna break down and buy one. I've used the Yellow Jacket but online research comes up with a Master Cool thats a little cheaper. Anyone know anything about Master Cool? I recognize and trust the Yellow Jacket name, but Master Cool is new to me. Thanks. John
    This one?

http://www.mastercool.com/pages/int_tube_benders.html
    I have the YJ and the Mastercool looks the same, to me.

From what I have read Mastercool products are hit and miss on quality, and from personal experience their customer service sucks.

I do have an older MC 5cfm vacuum pump I bought used and it's always worked fine. One of the rubber feet was missing. I called Mastercool to see if they would sell me the part. That was a waste of a phone call. The CSR told me to try the local NAPA store. That didn't work out to well. NAPA told me to call Mastercool.

Thanks AC5096. Thats the one. There wasn't a lot of price difference, but since I'd never heard of them and I can't do a hands on comparison, I thought I'd run it by you guys. John

To me those little 3 tubing size benders are inferior and produce an inferior bend. If you want your installations to look "tight" I highly recommend you buy single size benders from Imperial Eastman like this style. The lever style (70061-70069) from MasterCool are on par.

I just got the YJ ratcheting bending kit today, along with the reverse bending attachment.

I don't know what difference there is, or if there is even a difference between the YJ and Master Cool benders, but Master Cool products tend to be low quality, and they don't offer a reverse bending adapter for their kit.
    If more government is the answer, then it's a really stupid question.

I also have the yellow jacket with reverse attachment. The reverse attachment cost almost as much as the original unit. Use it once though and you will be happy you have it.
    You need to put the phone down and get back to work!

Looks a little different posting on the new site. I've used both yellow jacket and master cool. Yellow Jacket seemed to be a little better built, better name, and quality. Be careful about using that reverse bender. If somebody does a redneck bend coming out the side of a house and you think you can put that reverse bender on there and make it tighter it will crimp it every time. You are better off just cutting it and starting over. You are almost better off not even buying one and find ways to just use the bender. You'll be better off in my opinion.

I've used the YJ bender, and it works fine.

But a few months ago I bought a bender in a red case, and has aluminum dies for the bender from here:
    http://www.northwaysmachinery.com/pr...Bend%20Adapter

Comes WITH the reverser attatchments, and is only $120!

Works great, and a big advantage i've found with the aluminum dies vs. plastic dies, is after you make your bend, the pipe comes out of the aluminum dies VERY easily. With plastic dies the copper got real tight and I usually had to hit them off. I would HIGHLY recommend this bender to anyone. VERY pleased with it so far.

Just found the red case bender is also avaliable with plastic dies, beware!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CBI-CT999-Ra...item35bed72d25

Buy the yellow jacket worth the money

OK, you all convinced me to buy the Yellow Jacket bending set. I bought it, got it and used it once already. I am impressed and will be using it for every install. Theres just nothing like a nice smooth bend to make a job look better.
    A people who would exchange liberty for apparent safety, will deserve neither and lose both.

Quote Originally Posted by Eaallred View Post
    I've used the YJ bender, and it works fine.

But a few months ago I bought a bender in a red case, and has aluminum dies for the bender from here:
    http://www.northwaysmachinery.com/pr...Bend%20Adapter

Comes WITH the reverser attatchments, and is only $120!

Works great, and a big advantage i've found with the aluminum dies vs. plastic dies, is after you make your bend, the pipe comes out of the aluminum dies VERY easily. With plastic dies the copper got real tight and I usually had to hit them off. I would HIGHLY recommend this bender to anyone. VERY pleased with it so far.

Just found the red case bender is also avaliable with plastic dies, beware!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CBI-CT999-Ra...item35bed72d25
    I think I payed more then that just for the reverse attachment. I may look into that as a second. I agree about the tightness. Also seem to have a kinking problem with the 3/4. Sometimes I use a silicone spray to avoid the kinking and sticking.
    You need to put the phone down and get back to work!

Johnstone has those reverse bender attachments for around $60. On sale this month.
    Gotta have the right tool for the job!

Where is all the stuff MADE IN THE USA?

"Thats what we do Troy. Incredible, Invisible, Imbelivable things. We are an Unseen, Unknown, Unvincible fraternity of craftsman.."

plus there is 2 less joints and the money saved on the ell plus ss

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast