Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by skip217 View Post
    whoa whoa whoa -- relax!

First of all, I'm not sure what you mean that I need "to dictate to others what think."

My point was just that pas1216 had asked specifically how the gay lifestyle was being "crammed down your throats", but he didn't get a specific answer, just an exasperated version of the old "If you have to ask...".

[I]Please understand, I don't hve an issue with your view at all. I was just saying that it's probably more constructive and helpful -- and far less provocative and/or insulting -- to be able to say, "When the gay community does A,B, and C, I feel as though they are forcing their lifestyle on me" instead of "If you don't see it your a liar."

That's all!
    Sorry, but this is how the leftist attitude works. Leftists constantly demand a show of support for an issue and then completely ignore the massive amounts of support that has been shown by continually claiming that they don't see any support. There is so much support already been posted over and over and over.....for what pas1216 is claiming there is no support for, that it just gets to the point where I have no more tolerance for the ignorant attitudes of posters like pas1216.

I've personally posted videos and links to pics of homosexuals exposing themselves and behaving in sexually lewd ways in public along with a video showing one rational homosexual rapper who disagrees with the homosexual agenda. Others have posted massive amounts of evidence of what pas1216 claims to be unaware of as well. Pas1216 is simply not an honest person on this issue.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

whoa whoa whoa -- relax!

First of all, I'm not sure what you mean that I need "to dictate to others what [I] think."

My point was just that pas1216 had asked specifically how the gay lifestyle was being "crammed down your throats", but he didn't get a specific answer, just an exasperated version of the old "If you have to ask...".

Please understand, I don't hve an issue with your view at all. I was just saying that it's probably more constructive and helpful -- and far less provocative and/or insulting -- to be able to say, "When the gay community does A,B, and C, I feel as though they are forcing their lifestyle on me" instead of "If you don't see it your a liar."

That's all!

You have deliberately ignored the post that followed his question then.

Plenty of examples were given

whoa whoa whoa -- relax!

First of all, I'm not sure what you mean that I need "to dictate to others what [I] think."

Please understand, I don't hve an issue with your view at all. I was just saying that it's probably more constructive and helpful -- and far less provocative and/or insulting -- to be able to say, "When the gay community does A,B, and C, I feel as though they are forcing their lifestyle on me" instead of "If you don't see it your a liar."

That's all!
    There hae been several post in this thread that pointed out specific instances of homo's pushing their agenda.

Quote Originally Posted by Six View Post
    Any examples ? The christian right isnt trying to boycott bussinesses.
    This, for one, comes to mind:
    http://youoffendmeyouoffendmyfamily....ates-fags1.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by coolperfect View Post
    It happens to be an SEC regulation that if you own 1 share of a stock or half the company you have the right to the same information.There are many ways to access the calls.And yes I am very proud of my portfolio of $1,700,000 with a year to date of just under 12%.
    Oh WOW 1.7 million I am in awe, my portfolio is more than three times that and my money manager is providing 15% to 19% over the last 4 years. I do not get involved that is what she went to school for.

If you don't think boycotting can affect the bottom line of a company read what the CEO of Carbonite said today. He dumped Rush and it cost his company dearly, because conservatives boycotted him because he dumped Rush.

NO I am not an advocate of Rush and never listen to him.

Quote Originally Posted by classical View Post
    Oh WOW 1.7 million I am in awe, my portfolio is more than three times that and my money manager is providing 15% to 19% over the last 4 years. I do not get involved that is what she went to school for.

If you don't think boycotting can affect the bottom line of a company read what the CEO of Carbonite said today. He dumped Rush and it cost his company dearly, because conservatives boycotted him because he dumped Rush.

NO I am not an advocate of Rush and never listen to him.
    Really, and what are your best stocks,I would love to compare statements!

Quote Originally Posted by Six View Post
    You have deliberately ignored the post that followed his question then.

Plenty of examples were given
    I saw those, but this is sort of the point I was driving at -- that one person's "agenda being shoved in my face" is another person's "a gay couple on tv? So what?". I was hoping to get a few real world examples from which to start the dialogue on how perspective will affect the outcome, that's all.

You guys are pretty aggressive! There's no need for it -- you don't have to say I "deliberately ignored" something, just say I missed something. Sheesh! I'm absolutley willing to read your posts and consider your opinion; that's what this part of the board is for, right?

Anyway, I know this is a hot button topic -- easy to see by how emotional you guys get about it. My take is just that if a minority group feels as though they are being discriminated against and ask for equal rights, that's not exactly an agenda being shoved in anyone's face. Not to say there aren't instances where an agenda is being shoved in soemone's face.

Whether or not you think gay marraige is correct according to your God or religion or whatever, there is a legal element to it (marraige) in America, and I think it's going to be awfully hard to legally defend denying gay people equal rights under the law.

Quote Originally Posted by classical View Post
    Oh WOW 1.7 million I am in awe, my portfolio is more than three times that and my money manager is providing 15% to 19% over the last 4 years....
    Is this really turning into a "mine is bigger than yours" thread?

I'm outta here!

Is this really turning into a "mine is bigger than yours" thread?

I'm outta here!
    Yes it is, but that's what Class took it too!,but if he has some money to put up I will backup what I say,I don't think he can.

I don't really care about the size of anyones portfolio and I have no clue what stocks I do or do not own. I have a money manger that runs my funds and I leave it up to her, I do ask her not if possible to buy certain stocks Home Depot being one and JCP another.

I make money my wife and my money manager manage and grow that money.

I saw those, but this is sort of the point I was driving at -- that one person's "agenda being shoved in my face" is another person's "a gay couple on tv? So what?". I was hoping to get a few real world examples from which to start the dialogue on how perspective will affect the outcome, that's all.

You guys are pretty aggressive! There's no need for it -- you don't have to say I "deliberately ignored" something, just say I missed something. Sheesh! I'm absolutley willing to read your posts and consider your opinion; that's what this part of the board is for, right?

Anyway, I know this is a hot button topic -- easy to see by how emotional you guys get about it. My take is just that if a minority group feels as though they are being discriminated against and ask for equal rights, that's not exactly an agenda being shoved in anyone's face. Not to say there aren't instances where an agenda is being shoved in soemone's face.

Whether or not you think gay marraige is correct according to your God or religion or whatever, there is a legal element to it (marraige) in America, and I think it's going to be awfully hard to legally defend denying gay people equal rights under the law.
    You fail to see the point, the entertainment community has to push the gay agenda across the board on broadcast TV and it affects our children and their perception of life. No it does not directly affect my Grandchildren because their parents do not allow them to see this trash. It does however affect children all over this country that do not have solid grounded parents.

Take a program like The New Normal and tell me that it is not based on changing the way gays are perceived. Just so you know Homo's are not a minority and should not have special status. Homo's have the same rights as anyone and they should not have additional rights.

So than why did you rsespond the way you did? I was answering Glens posts not yours.You took a few of my words out of context to try an evade the main subject, more than once. And by the way 15% year over year the past 4 stinks fire her!

Yes it is, but that's what Class took it too!,but if he has some money to put up I will backup what I say,I don't think he can.
    As always you have to pull out your thing and wave it around like we give a rats rear about your money. I mentioned mine only to show you how gives a ****.

I do not care if you believe me or not and it is not germane to this subject but all subjects you interject yourself into always comes back to your skills or supposed skills in the stock market.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast