Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 27 to 39 of 91
  1. #27
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Dacula, GA
    Posts
    12,855
    What's wrong with not spending money at stores which use some of your money to support the gay agenda or any other cause which you are opposed to. That is called freedom of choice.

    I won't buy Ben and Jerry's ice cream or Paul Newman's own salad dressing because those corporations support liberal socialist causes which I am opposed to. Liberal groups, Democrats, etc. boycott Mississippi because they still fly the Confederate flag on their state flag and that is fine they have a right to do that just like I have a right to boycott businesses supporting the gay agenda, socialism, abortion, Marxism and in general support the destruction of America. Thank you, thank you very much.
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

  2. #28
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Losantiville
    Posts
    1,854
    Quote Originally Posted by Six View Post
    Read the link and it turns out that an orginization called " life decisions international" creates this list.

    How does that represent the entire religous right ?

    And why didnt the media run with your example ?

    You find one obscure religous group and thats supposed to represent the entire Christian Right ?

    You guys are desperate.
    Pot meet kettle!
    http://cheezburger.com/6381875456
    Fox News - Rich people paying rich people to tell middle class people to blame the poor.

  3. #29
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Houston Texas
    Posts
    6,327
    Quote Originally Posted by Six View Post
    Read the link and it turns out that an orginization called " life decisions international" creates this list.

    How does that represent the entire religous right ?

    And why didnt the media run with your example ?

    You find one obscure religous group and thats supposed to represent the entire Christian Right ?

    You guys are desperate.
    Christian and other conservative groups have and continue to call for boycotts of business's that support and promote gay and socialist agendas. That is perfectly acceptable, it is fine if the gays want to boycott Chick-fil-A or any business that is contrary to their lifestyle choice. The problem comes in when either side becomes abusive or disruptive then they are wrong.

    TO my knowledge the right simply makes people aware of problem companies and the left becomes abusive.

  4. #30
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Losantiville
    Posts
    1,854
    In my experience the far left and the far right can be rather abrasive. Boycotts, town hall meetings, etc. Who can forget the stuff the Tea Baggers pulled in the runup to the 2010 election. For the most part folks in the middle are more respectful and reasonable - and that is the real majority no matter what either side says.
    Fox News - Rich people paying rich people to tell middle class people to blame the poor.

  5. #31
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Dacula, GA
    Posts
    12,855
    Quote Originally Posted by netsalt View Post
    In my experience the far left and the far right can be rather abrasive. Boycotts, town hall meetings, etc. Who can forget the stuff the Tea Baggers pulled in the runup to the 2010 election. For the most part folks in the middle are more respectful and reasonable - and that is the real majority no matter what either side says.
    So what are you talking about Salty? Post anything of substance that you have. I'm sure it is nothing. You like to slander by induendo. What did the tea baggers do that got you liberals so upset?

    Inquiring minds would like to know. Nothing wrong with boycotting. Liberals are doing that right now. I just gave you one example with Mississippi. I choose not to support liberal, socialist or commie causes and that includes shopping at stores that do. Nothing at all abrasive with that. Thank you, thank you very much
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

  6. #32
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    2,840
    Quote Originally Posted by glennac View Post
    Funny I just saw a JC Penny back to school add in which it showed two women with kids packing their car with back to school supplies from Penny's.

    That was a not to subtle pitch at the gay and lesbian crowd. They apparently haven't learned yet about the effect of there previous adds on mothers day and fathers day adds depicting two moms and two dads respectively.

    There stock is trading at 20.46 down from 43 back in February when they hired Ellen Degeneres as there spoke person and the pro gay adds mentioned earlier. They just don't know when to stop their pro gay adds. I'm sure they have the gay market sewed up which is about 1 to 2 % of the population. I hope they enjoy that. Thank you very much
    Again,JCP is not down because of any boycott.Pepsi Is up since the boycott! You really should post links before you say a company is cut in half because of some BS boycott!Thank you,very much

  7. #33
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    2,840
    http://beta.fool.com/jonathanyates13...gyholnk0000001 The boycott! Oh, how we twist the facts!

  8. #34
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Losantiville
    Posts
    1,854
    Boycotts are OK but here are some of the marching orders of the TP:

    – Artificially Inflate Your Numbers: “Spread out in the hall and try to be in the front half. The objective is to put the Rep on the defensive with your questions and follow-up. The Rep should be made to feel that a majority, and if not, a significant portion of at least the audience, opposes the socialist agenda of Washington.”
    – Be Disruptive Early And Often: “You need to rock-the-boat early in the Rep’s presentation, Watch for an opportunity to yell out and challenge the Rep’s statements early.”
    – Try To “Rattle Him,” Not Have An Intelligent Debate: “The goal is to rattle him, get him off his prepared script and agenda. If he says something outrageous, stand up and shout out and sit right back down. Look for these opportunities before he even takes questions.”


    http://thinkprogress.org/politics/20...emo/?mobile=nc
    Fox News - Rich people paying rich people to tell middle class people to blame the poor.

  9. #35
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Paper Street Soap Company
    Posts
    2,304
    Quote Originally Posted by netsalt View Post
    Boycotts are OK but here are some of the marching orders of the TP:

    – Artificially Inflate Your Numbers: “Spread out in the hall and try to be in the front half. The objective is to put the Rep on the defensive with your questions and follow-up. The Rep should be made to feel that a majority, and if not, a significant portion of at least the audience, opposes the socialist agenda of Washington.”
    – Be Disruptive Early And Often: “You need to rock-the-boat early in the Rep’s presentation, Watch for an opportunity to yell out and challenge the Rep’s statements early.”
    – Try To “Rattle Him,” Not Have An Intelligent Debate: “The goal is to rattle him, get him off his prepared script and agenda. If he says something outrageous, stand up and shout out and sit right back down. Look for these opportunities before he even takes questions.”


    http://thinkprogress.org/politics/20...emo/?mobile=nc
    Where did you get those from ? MSNBC ? We just bounced out a Establishment candidate in Texas.

    His opponent ( Ted Cruz ) was only carrying 2% of the vote when that race started.

    How did that happen ? Yes youre right as always Net, the Tea Party is all but a faint memory.

    And we Conns know the best way to hurt a liberal is to get out of his way.

  10. #36
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Houston Texas
    Posts
    6,327
    Quote Originally Posted by netsalt View Post
    Boycotts are OK but here are some of the marching orders of the TP:

    – Artificially Inflate Your Numbers: “Spread out in the hall and try to be in the front half. The objective is to put the Rep on the defensive with your questions and follow-up. The Rep should be made to feel that a majority, and if not, a significant portion of at least the audience, opposes the socialist agenda of Washington.”
    – Be Disruptive Early And Often: “You need to rock-the-boat early in the Rep’s presentation, Watch for an opportunity to yell out and challenge the Rep’s statements early.”
    – Try To “Rattle Him,” Not Have An Intelligent Debate: “The goal is to rattle him, get him off his prepared script and agenda. If he says something outrageous, stand up and shout out and sit right back down. Look for these opportunities before he even takes questions.”


    http://thinkprogress.org/politics/20...emo/?mobile=nc
    That was a recommendation by one small group, what you liberals do not understand the Tea Party is not a grand organization it is a grass roots movement. I have been to several gatherings and spoken with many others that are involved and we have never had any marching orders. All we have ever been told is keep things civil on point. Granted it does get a little heated and confrontational when you have idiots like Shelia Jackson Lee at the front of a meeting.

    As to all of those supposed assaults, spiting incidents and use of racial slurs towards candidates by Tea Party members they were for the most part debunked.

    What arrogance talking about Tea Party events as being orchestrated by lobbyist and ad firms try remembering the Occupy assault that went on for months. Tea Party folk are hard working people that get involved to improve and get our country back. The Occupy fools and the anti war fools during the Bush presidency obviously had no jobs they were even more obviously being paid and funded by some liberal groups.

  11. #37
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Dacula, GA
    Posts
    12,855
    Quote Originally Posted by coolperfect View Post
    Again,JCP is not down because of any boycott.Pepsi Is up since the boycott! You really should post links before you say a company is cut in half because of some BS boycott!Thank you,very much
    Fine you want to say it has nothing to do with there pro gay stance which started in February when they first hired Ellen Degeneres with a stock value of 43 and then several ads featuring gay couples and now it is at 20. You go ahead and say "its not down because of any boycott".

    Go ahead and preach the party line of the gays but I'm not buying it no matter how many times you want to state it's not so. Just because you say so doesn't make it a fact. Try and find some other liberal cause to defend. Sorry if I upset you so much by pointing out the pro gay stance of JCP and its demise. My apologies. Again, Thank you, thank you very much.
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

  12. #38
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    SW MO.
    Posts
    5,216
    I didn't eat at Chick-fil-a the other day but only because I don't care for their food. But I was rooting for them. As far as these other companies that give money to gay organizations, I could care less. I'm not going to dictate my life around other people's beliefs. Everyone is entitled to their opinions. If i don't agree with someone doesn't mean I'll stop patronizing a business.


    I found this verse very insightful. Romans 1:25, 27, 32 MSG

    So God said, in effect, "If that's what you want, that's what you get." It wasn't long before they were living in a pigpen, smeared with filth, filthy inside and out. And all this because they traded the true God for a fake god, and worshiped the god they made instead of the God who made them—the God we bless, the God who blesses us. Oh, yes! Worse followed. Refusing to know God, they soon didn't know how to be human either—women didn't know how to be women, men didn't know how to be men. Sexually confused, they abused and defiled one another, women with women, men with men—all lust, no love. And then they paid for it, oh, how they paid for it—emptied of God and love, godless and loveless wretches. Since they didn't bother to acknowledge God, God quit bothering them and let them run loose. And then all hell broke loose: rampant evil, grabbing and grasping, vicious backstabbing. They made life hell on earth with their envy, wanton killing, bickering, and cheating. Look at them: mean-spirited, venomous, fork-tongued God-bashers. Bullies, swaggerers, insufferable windbags! They keep inventing new ways of wrecking lives. They ditch their parents when they get in the way. Stupid, slimy, cruel, cold-blooded. And it's not as if they don't know better. They know perfectly well they're spitting in God's face. And they don't care—worse, they hand out prizes to those who do the worst things best!

    Romans 2:2, 4 MSG

    Those people are on a dark spiral downward. But if you think that leaves you on the high ground where you can point your finger at others, think again. Every time you criticize someone, you condemn yourself. It takes one to know one. Judgmental criticism of others is a well-known way of escaping detection in your own crimes and misdemeanors. But God isn't so easily diverted. He sees right through all such smoke screens and holds you to what you've done. You didn't think, did you, that just by pointing your finger at others you would distract God from seeing all your misdoings and from coming down on you hard? Or did you think that because he's such a nice God, he'd let you off the hook? Better think this one through from the beginning. God is kind, but he's not soft. In kindness he takes us firmly by the hand and leads us into a radical life-change.
    Discipline your child so that other parents don't have to.

    We're awl pawthetic and kweepy and can't get giwrls. That's why we fight wobots.

  13. #39
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    2,840
    Quote Originally Posted by glennac View Post
    Fine you want to say it has nothing to do with there pro gay stance which started in February when they first hired Ellen Degeneres with a stock value of 43 and then several ads featuring gay couples and now it is at 20. You go ahead and say "its not down because of any boycott".

    Go ahead and preach the party line of the gays but I'm not buying it no matter how many times you want to state it's not so. Just because you say so doesn't make it a fact. Try and find some other liberal cause to defend. Sorry if I upset you so much by pointing out the pro gay stance of JCP and its demise. My apologies. Again, Thank you, thank you very much.
    Those horse blinders you wear , do you a least take them off when you go to bed!I commented on your post because I saw something that was dead wrong,I watch the market,I own over 30 stocks. I could care less about gay vs.whatever! I have never heard a CEO say we lost money because of any boycott in all the years I have listened to conference calls!

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event