Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    We phased out a lot of our GM vans recently, but prior to that it seems we had 50/50 GM/Ford. I have not heard about the Ford rim problem though. started there in a Ford moved into a GM and just moved back into a Ford this year. I am sure our Chevy lovers would have informed me if they heard the rim problem. I do not care what I am in as long as it takes me home when the job is done.

No wheel problems here.
    “If You Can Dodge A Wrench You Can Dodge A Ball”

Mine has bent wheel covers. Does that count?

By the way, when are the Ford "Sprinter" type vans supposed to start showing up? I've heard that this is the last year for the old econoline.

Quote Originally Posted by ammoniadog View Post
    Mine has bent wheel covers. Does that count?

By the way, when are the Ford "Sprinter" type vans supposed to start showing up? I've heard that this is the last year for the old econoline.
    Good question. That move kind of surprises me.

've been driving a Freightliner Sprinter since 2008. Love it! You can stand upright in it, like humans are designed to. When I get something out of one of our econolines, is like crawling into a hole. Too hard for this old man! You can carry SOOOO much more stuff in it also.I've seen the large Nissan van on the road. Anyone had any experience with one?

I used to drive a sprinter when I worked at service experts. They're great on fuel, but $320 for an oil change, brakes every 40,000 km and those Mercedes diesels did NOT like starting below -25•C even with a block heater. They'd pour out black smoke for 5 minutes.
    I've read the Nissan van is built on the Titan platform, which sounds promising.

Here in Texas it dosen't get that cold (except when I get near my wife at bedtime)
    Brakes: 40K miles. We change our own oil(Mobile 1 synthetic) so that cost is not too bad.
    My son loves to change the oil because he then burnes it as fuel in his deuce & 1/2. He buys and refurbishes military trucks, on the side.

I bet the tires are to blame for the shimmy. Load range E tires go out of round if you get more than 20k on them. Been there.

Tried many tires. We now only run Michelin. With brand new tires it is not as bad ....but it gets worse as the tire dosen't wear evenly all around.

Quote Originally Posted by tharding54 View Post
    Here in Texas it dosen't get that cold (except when I get near my wife at bedtime)
    Brakes: 40K miles. We change our own oil(Mobile 1 synthetic) so that cost is not too bad.
    My son loves to change the oil because he then burnes it as fuel in his deuce & 1/2. He buys and refurbishes military trucks, on the side.
    Hahahahahahaha

Quote Originally Posted by GrumpyPawPaw View Post
    Tried many tires. We now only run Michelin. With brand new tires it is not as bad ....but it gets worse as the tire dosen't wear evenly all around.
    I think it's time you tried a new mechanic.

Ford Transit Econoline replacement.

There will also be a panel version.

If you're too "open" minded, your brains will fall out.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Wow, those sprinter vans are ugly no matter who makes them, but I still want one badly because of the functionality.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast