Trane CCP + VariTrac VAVs into Tracer Summit

Here in about a week or so I have to pull some additional VariTrac VAV controllers into Tracer Summit. I have installed and pulled in a lot of different controllers into Summit including these controllers when they are categorized as VAV controllers. I was wondering if it will go the same way when I am dealing with a CCP? I noticed that the VAVs are members under the CCP. The controllers really don't pop up in the UCM IV list. So I was wondering if I can install the controllers, address them, and pull them into the CCP through Summit directly? Or will I have to physically connect my laptop to the CCP and pull the VAVs in that way? Then once I do that do I just upload/sync the CCP with Summit to bring them in?

Any information on this will be helpful!

Thanks!
    J. King

Quote Originally Posted by apprentice3 View Post
    Here in about a week or so I have to pull some additional VariTrac VAV controllers into Tracer Summit. I have installed and pulled in a lot of different controllers into Summit including these controllers when they are categorized as VAV controllers. I was wondering if it will go the same way when I am dealing with a CCP? I noticed that the VAVs are members under the CCP. The controllers really don't pop up in the UCM IV list. So I was wondering if I can install the controllers, address them, and pull them into the CCP through Summit directly? Or will I have to physically connect my laptop to the CCP and pull the VAVs in that way? Then once I do that do I just upload/sync the CCP with Summit to bring them in?

Any information on this will be helpful!

Thanks!
    Also it has been awhile since I connected to CCP. Hyper terminal will work on this right?

Thanks!

Version 6 and down is accessed with Hyper-Terminal. Version 10 and up is accessed with Trane's Tracker software.
    Quote Originally Posted by Qui-Gon Jinn (Star Wars Episode 1)
    "The ablilty to speak does not make you intelligent!"

Quote Originally Posted by Balibe View Post
    Version 6 and down is accessed with Hyper-Terminal. Version 10 and up is accessed with Trane's Tracker software.
    Thanks for the reply!

So if I am adding new VAV controllers to a existing CCP can I do it through the Summit work station on site or do I need to do it at the CCP itself? If I have to do it at the CCP itself do I have to sync it with Summit in the CCP set up?

You add it with hyper terminal or mellow terminal and then can pull it into summit.