Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Likes

FX Server and Remote Stations

Question for you FX/Niagara guys out there. Using FX Server to access remote stations, is it possible to make a graphic that will link to the IP Addresses of those remote station once they are connected? In other words, open FX Server, connect 10 remote FX20/60's using remote connections (not through a Niagara Station), then make a single graphic that will link to the IP addresses in the navigation pane. You would probably have to make a JCI Station in order to put the graphic somewhere, but I'm just wondering if it will go outside of the local station and open up the remote connection from there. This is to basically eliminate the navigation pane to change between connections, but to also avoid setting up an entire Niagara station, importing points, redoing graphics, etc, etc... I would test this out myself, but I don't have a site in front of me and was wondering if anyone has tried this.

Post Likes
    Does this help?

Problem:
    How do I create a hyperlink from the FX Sever to a connected FX40 or from one FX40 to another FX40?

Solution:
    See the Details.
    To create a hyperlink to another station:

1) Go to the graphic page that you want to hyperlink from in either the FX Server or FX40.
    2) Go to Edit mode from the graphic page to edit the graphic.
    3) Open the Palette side bar.
    4) Open the kitPx module.
    5) Drag the BoundLabel option to the canvas.
    6) Double-click the label. The Properties dialog box appears.
    7) In the Text field, enter the name of the hyperlink. To change the color of the hyperlink text, select a color from the Foreground field. To change the text font, select a font from the Font field.
    8) In the Bound Label Binding section, click the Hyperlink ellipsis button. The Hyperlink dialog box appears.
    9) Using the format shown below, enter the IP address for the station to which you want to link and the path through the N2 network to the controller you want to link to.
    10) Click OK.
    NOTE: You will be prompted for a username and password the first time you hyperlink to another FX40 in any given Workbench session. After getting in with the username and password, subsequent hyperlinking to the same FX40 will happen with no login required.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Igotworms View Post

9) Using the format shown below, enter the IP address for the station to which you want to link and the path through the N2 network to the controller you want to link to.
    Can I just go direct to the IP address rather than going to a controller. On FX Server when you click whatever IP address you want in the navigation pane it just takes you to the home page graphic of that FX. I'm thinking of having one graphic that has multiple links to multiple different FX20's. I'm assuming this is possible based on what you are saying. I'm also guessing you have done this before and it works.

Post Likes
    Are you just opening a work bench connection when you say clicking a link in FX server pane that links directly to the home page of a Jace or are you clicking on a link within the FX server nav pane? Are you importing alarms, trends or any info from the multiple Jaces?

Post Likes
    Open KitPx, drag hyperlink button onto your px and add your info for the jace. Example http://111.222.3.444/ord?file:^px/Home.px. Clicking it will take you to the Jace log in.

Post Likes
    I am opening a workbench remote connection. For example, on FX Server you go the the "file menu" (whatever it's called), then click the open remote site option. Once you do that, you type in the IP address and enter the platform username and password. Then once it connects it prompts you to enter the station username and password. Once you make the connection it stays open until you close FX Server, the computer shuts off or you have a network problem.

So if I went and connected multiple remote FX's, assuming those stay connected, I want to be able to have a graphic that links to each of those connections. So, stand alone FX's using FX Server as a remote connection "hub". With a graphic, of course, to make it more seamless. Which I'm thinking the graphic probably needs to be on the Server's Station. Does that make sense?

I am not talking about importing alarms and trends. In order to do that I would create a new Station on the server and then import everything into the Niagara network and everything that goes along with that. That is not what I am talking about.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by hvac69 View Post
    Open KitPx, drag hyperlink button onto your px and add your info for the jace. Example http://111.222.3.444/ord?file:^px/Home.px. Clicking it will take you to the Jace log in.
    Assuming the Jace is already connected and Logged in, it would take you straight to the Root page, correct?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by AmincControls View Post
    Assuming the Jace is already connected and Logged in, it would take you straight to the Root page, correct?
    Nevermind, your example goes to the Home.px graphic. But my other question still stands, if its already logged in, it would go straight there without having to log in again right?

Post Likes
    Yes, until the user times out then info would need to entered again or connection expires

Edit, I think it would, I have never tried this

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by hvac69 View Post
    Yes, until the user times out then info would need to entered again
    Hmmm.... How long are the user time outs? Is there a way to eliminate the time outs so the user doesn't have to log in constantly?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by AmincControls View Post
    ... but to also avoid setting up an entire Niagara station, importing points, redoing graphics, etc, etc...
    local:|module://docUser/doc/aSecurityMultipleStations.html

make links in yr graphics like ... Example http://111.222.3.444/ord?file:^px/Home.px ( as somebody pointed out)

the easiest way inside WorkBench to nav between stations without being challenged for PW is to use the Realms Property.

To do it with the webBrowser (while inside the same subnet) you will need to set up the Hosts file and use domain-wide cookies. Every PC that will browse the WebServer(s) of each station will need to have the list of names/IPs in its Hosts file.

A bit of a pain, and a little finicky to get right but it works.

To access the webServer(s)from outside (ie via the internets) you either need a VPN so you get an IP assigned in the NiagaraNetwork Subnet range, or some sort of externally mapped DNS that the internets knows about and which includes the NiagaraStations. so then you'd need proper DNS running inside yr subnet. Maybe on a Windows Server, or maybe something like MaraDNS or BIND running on the AxSupervisor ... you would definitely want this behind a firewall but inside yr DMZ...more finicky again.

Using DNS or Hosts file would make links in yr graphics like ... Example http://myJACE.myNamespace/ord?file:^px/Home.px
    1 + 1 = 3 ( *** for very large values of 1)

...everybody wants a box of chocolates and long stemmed rose

Be brave. You cannot get eaten by an imaginary tiger.

Post Likes
    Under the user settings you can disable auto log off, but for security reasons that would be something I would never use.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by MatrixTransform View Post
    local:|module://docUser/doc/aSecurityMultipleStations.html

make links in yr graphics like ... Example http://111.222.3.444/ord?file:^px/Home.px ( as somebody pointed out)

the easiest way inside WorkBench to nav between stations without being challenged for PW is to use the Realms Property.

To do it with the webBrowser (while inside the same subnet) you will need to set up the Hosts file and use domain-wide cookies. Every PC that will browse the WebServer(s) of each station will need to have the list of names/IPs in its Hosts file.

A bit of a pain, and a little finicky to get right but it works.

To access the webServer(s)from outside (ie via the internets) you either need a VPN so you get an IP assigned in the NiagaraNetwork Subnet range, or some sort of externally mapped DNS that the internets knows about and which includes the NiagaraStations. so then you'd need proper DNS running inside yr subnet. Maybe on a Windows Server, or maybe something like MaraDNS or BIND running on the AxSupervisor ... you would definitely want this behind a firewall but inside yr DMZ...more finicky again.

Using DNS or Hosts file would make links in yr graphics like ... Example http://myJACE.myNamespace/ord?file:^px/Home.px
    I seem to be having trouble with the realms property. I setup up the realm on two stations under config properties and changed my user to a network user. Now assuming that is all I need to do, I should be able to make a hyperlink from one jace to the other and it should take me there. Instead what happens is I get a "Cannot display file type. Launch with external application" error. The launch button will open IE and take you to the jace login screen. I want to go to the jace within workbench. What am I missing here?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast