Siemens

Thread: Siemens

Hybrid View

Siemens

can someone please explain the OIP function in ppcl?

it simulates HMI user inputs. For example and OIP for that ran the following:

00010 OIP ("point.log","s/h/f/a/x/x/x/x/x")

on an apogee panel would add a Field Panel to the panel database that contained the PPCL program that holds the OIP command. (the x's represent new panel data) This would be triggered by a transition of the theoretical "point.log" Digital point to the ON position. This example is somewhat afunctional, due to the nature of the command being somewhat limited in terms of repeatability, but hopefully it will help you understand the OIP function.
    The command sequences that are entered in the OIP command can be deciphered using the field panel user's manual.

using a pxc modular. looking all in the manual for commands.....cannot find.

I didn't find the APOGGE firmware user manual with a quick google serach but here is a link to the TALON version which is pretty close.

https://www.hqs.sbt.siemens.com/gip/...8338_us-en.pdf

Typically I just login to the HMI and look at the prompts to determine my key sequence I need.

I wouldn't use OIP commands very much in current PPCL. Most everything you need can be done an easier and more reliable way within the PPCL.

-Jeremy

Quote Originally Posted by kc2dnw View Post
    I wouldn't use OIP commands very much in current PPCL. Most everything you need can be done an easier and more reliable way within the PPCL.
    OIP commands are not meant to take over your PPCL... they are there to accomplish tasks that cannot be done within PPCL !!