Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Makita 12v ,

My m12 driver has lasted about a year. Now the torque selector no longer clicks as you adjust it and the brake quit working. Hasnt bothered me enough to replace it but a bit irritating.

I use the compact milwaukee 18v lithium ion. The weight savings is nice and the batteries last a good while on a charge.

JASON sent this from his DUMB-PHONE

A bat is what I use to beat a dead horse.

I like the M12 Milwaukee. I use an Oxy-Acc.
    Beware of advice given by some guy on the Internet.

Whatever brand you decide to go with make sure it's LI-ION!

Another vote for the M12. Love that thing and its takin a pretty good beating too. Dropped it about 15' on to concrete with no ill effects.

Also for a 18v set I just bought the new Makita Brushless Drill/impact set. Haven't used them a lot but I'm very pleased so far. Both are real light and quiet.

As for the Oxy/Acetylene I'm in the same boat. Looking to switch from air/acetylene. I used another techs oxy/acetylene rig the other day for a troublesome TEV. WOW!!, I'm never going back!!!

I wanna see someone braze a 1 5/8 inch copper pipe with an air/acetylene rig so I can laugh at them 5 mins after they start, take a nap, wake up, and laugh some more.

Not literally, I couldn't do that. I would watch for 5 minutes then say stop, stop, stop, and grab my oxy/ace torch and say here.

(FYI I replaced a compressor on a PCA at the airport tonight. Suction line is 1 5/8 inch copper, discharge line is 1 inch. Unit is factory charge to 75 Lbs R-22. My Appion TEZ8 and Megaflow speed kit sucked it down to 378 microns in 1 1/2 hours. God, I love that vacuum set.)
    If you're too "open" minded, your brains will fall out.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12