Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Confused Beating a dead Horse

Alright my freinds, I hate to beat a dead horse but, I really would like your opinion.

What is,

!. the best cordless drill

2. the best oxy-acetalene kit

any information as to why you answer the way you do would be appreciated.

It's not going to fix itself...

Best cordless drill: For what kind of work?

My new little Festool CXS is by far my favorite drill I've ever owned. So light and portable. Quite a bit of torque too. Not cheap.

I also still have my dewalt 36v Hammer drill on the truck, but it rarely gets used.

If I had to do it all over again for HVACR work, I would look at one of the next size up Festools. Something that can take up to 1/2" bits.

I use the makita 1/2" hammer drill. They've seemed to last awhile. I also use the makita mini impact. Nice and handy.
    Knowledge comes with experience

Quote Originally Posted by Jared Fetter View Post
    Best cordless drill: For what kind of work?

My new little Festool CXS is by far my favorite drill I've ever owned. So light and portable. Quite a bit of torque too. Not cheap.

I also still have my dewalt 36v Hammer drill on the truck, but it rarely gets used.

If I had to do it all over again for HVACR work, I would look at one of the next size up Festools. Something that can take up to 1/2" bits.
    I have a brother in law that swears by Festool. Aren't they super expensive? I will have to check them out again.

I have had good luck with my Dewault 12v lithium ion.

Quote Originally Posted by chuckcrj View Post
    I have a brother in law that swears by Festool. Aren't they super expensive? I will have to check them out again.

I have had good luck with my Dewault 12v lithium ion.
    Their tools are more expensive than most other brands. But they are extremely well built, well thought out, and from what I've seen online, they stand behind their products with near unrivaled customer support.

I've only started my collection

I LOVE my Milwaukee 18v Lithium Ion set. I've got the hammer drill, impact driver, sawzall and flashlight kit. The only issue I've had is the Sawzall chuck. The first time I used this was cutting drywall overhead for a return grill. The dust got in the chuck and it was having issues closing on a new blade. All it took was a little breaking in to fix this issue.

I love my Milwaukee M12. Torches? I prefer Turbotorch.

I've been sold on my 18volt Makita stuff. The batteries charge really fast (15 minutes), and last long enough to do two full installs usually.

Milwaukee m12 all the way. I use my m12 screwdriver for just about everything. It has great power for running screws. I also have the hackzall and the hammer drill.

Makita 18v impact and a small bag i can clip to my jean belt loops with the most often used chucks and a magnetic dish pan.

I can pull apart 6 RTUs in about 15 to 20 minutes. Its very durable. I have had mine for 7 years now and it is still running with the same batteries I got when I bought it. It's light weight and has a light on it.
    If you're too "open" minded, your brains will fall out.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Makita 18 volt Lithium Ion.

It looks like a black and white Air Jordan Basketball shoe

Torch set ? Its the guy using it IMO more than the torch.

Ive haf my Imperial rig for about 15 years now.

Just recently picked up the milwaukee fuel 18v impact. It has a brushes motor and three different tork/speed settings . Its an Awsome drill...

I have been using the small bosh impact lithium 12v for three years.. its been fantastic . It's very light and can take off and put on panels all day...
    It also keeps you from stripping out screw holes.....man I hate when people strip out screws on RTU panels
    If its worth doing, it's worth doing right.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast