Post Likes

York YCIV IGBT/gate driver module

Pretty sure IGBT/ gate driver module shot. Isn't exactly cheap- going to swap between the two systems to be absolutley certain- checked snubber network and capacitors, swapped motor leads etc... My question is the white thermal grease used to mate against the chill plate. Is it conductive type or no- I need to get some before swapping the two Assembleys but can't find a York part number for it although it says it is supplies with new. Anyone know?
    "It's just like it doesn't work. I mean it seems to be ok now, but it usually like never works"

"Never an always and always a maybe"

Post Likes
    Heres what they sold me last year for $200-$300
    can be found cheaper but customer requested we buy it from JCI

[IMG] [/IMG]

Post Likes
    That's the white stuff?

Post Likes
    yes

Grainger and most electronics store will have thermal compound and a lot cheaper than JCI
    If you look this stuff up its only $30 online

Post Likes
    You can also get it from Mouser electronics
    Doug

Post Likes
    I was able to find the York part number of the paste included in the kit and no one was able to answer my questions in parts or tech support about the conductivity. I just wanted to get some elsewhere so I wansnt waiting but oh well. Not sure what's on the other side of the assembly so thought it was sort of important to know so I didn't short out the module but I got the oem stuff coming. Thanks guys

Post Likes
    It can be or not be conductive the IGBTs are held to the chill plate with screws. So the conductivity is a non issue , it is just there to transfer heat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk