Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

134A disappearing

I have a carrier 30GXR135-AK641HL I had To add oil and A lot of Gas But ther is no visable signs of oil leakage and have used a leak detector everwhere . Anyone else have this or Ideas .

No oil ?

Should be some leak indication. Check the evaporater relief valves ? Motor terminals ?

Tube leak ?

No oil anywhere ,how do you detect 134a in your chill water .I did water sample for Chims today didnt see any oil and put a detector above water nothing .

Quote Originally Posted by knotbuggin View Post
    No oil anywhere ,how do you detect 134a in your chill water .I did water sample for Chims today didnt see any oil and put a detector above water nothing .
    Lets start by asking how much oil and refrigerant did you put in?
    UA 100

It takes three people to do anything around here. Two do the work, one explains to the crowd of people who showed up when they seen smoke and flames.

40 lbs and 1/2 gal of oil

Quote Originally Posted by knotbuggin View Post
    40 lbs and 1/2 gal of oil
    Fix your leaks I doubt you have a cooler leak.
    UA 100

It takes three people to do anything around here. Two do the work, one explains to the crowd of people who showed up when they seen smoke and flames.

Quote Originally Posted by Dallas Duster View Post
    Fix your leaks I doubt you have a cooler leak.
    He is asking for a little help not insults. Go to pro side a dazzle them with you superiority. Your arrogance wipes out all credibility here coupled with the hypocrisy you become "that guy". Just saying.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy knocker View Post
    He is asking for a little help not insults. Go to pro side a dazzle them with you superiority. Your arrogance wipes out all credibility here coupled with the hypocrisy you become "that guy". Just saying.
    I'm not insulting him just answered his him directly. Keep your nose out of my business , nobody asked you to respond to my insights.
    UA 100

Like I said ,,, look and look and look some more , check every possible area that has 134 behind it ,I've found some leaks in some unexpected places before ...

If you can't find one resort to going back in couple weeks and thereafter to monitor leak rates ..

Years ago I chased a leak all summer ,,,added charge every week,,,couldn't find a leak anywhere....

Turns out a kid was filling trash bags with the refrigerant at night so he could huff it and get high
    mikeacman

Quote Originally Posted by Dallas Duster View Post
    I'm not insulting him just answered his him directly. Keep your nose out of my business , nobody asked you to respond to my insights.
    Waaaaaa!! He who lives in glass house. Well you know the rest. I'm sure it's in a manual somewhere.

Why did you have to add the refrigerant and oil ?

shut the chiller down,isolate the chilled/condenser water and drain th barrels zero out then shut the drain cocks and cap them...next day see which one has pressure.it and the oil is going someplace.
    "when in doubt...jump it out" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1qEZHhJubY

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast