Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

trane xb or xr? enough space for 14 seer units? Va beach Va.

ive taken prices for 2800 sq ft house in Va for trane and american standard and york. Ive been told american standard is the same thing as trane other than the sheet metal.they were a little cheaper than trane.
    Im possibly stuck with 13 seer equip because of space limitations of the outside compressors. I have a twin zone 10 seer set 2.5 ton now that are aprox 23x23,they are in a small space between the deck and house, with only about 2 ft between them.if I could find something with a higher seer rating around 14 or 15 that wasnt too large for the space I would go that route.
    Reading about the trane xb13 it looks like they are not the same quality compressors as the rest the 14 and higher units,what are the diff between the xb and xr series as opposed the american standard units?

York TCGF30S41S3 can reach a SEER as high as 17. But for a humid area, your better off matching it to a MV12B blower with a FC35B coil for a SEER of 15.25 The condenser measures 29X29X36 high.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Trane uses same compressors in all units. Smaller sizes get recip, larger sizes get scroll. XB models have less features like compressor covers, swept wing fan blade, but are the same quality. Only exception is XB300 13 SEER, that's a cheapo.

Xr has better warranty . Xb is builders grade elcheapo
    It's hard to stop a Trane. but I have made one helluva living keeping them going.

Guess thats why the price was close then,the trane guy priced 13 seer xr and xb,the xr was 900 more for 2 units,Do the xr units that are 13 seer still have scroll compressors...

beenthere...do you think the york units you are talking about would work if 2 of them at 2.5 ton were in a 67x67 space. Ill atach a pic of the space,I really cant make it much bigger with the pool pumps taking up the front side,the deck and the house taking up the other,id like to move them to the other side of the house,but it would cost 2 much,im looking at around 6k already to do 2 straight ac systems if i use my current air handler gas furnaces

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

1supra, what year Supra do you have?
    Always here

They should fit a bit better then what you have in there now.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Quote Originally Posted by Southern Mech View Post
    Xr has better warranty . Xb is builders grade elcheapo
    Both have 10 year parts warranty, same compressors. The XB lacks any compressor covers and last I knew, swept wing fan bades. Otherwise the same units.

I can get just as good or better SEER and EER ratings from a xb14 than a XL16
    XB14 and XR14 get the same rating's for multiple hundreds more for the XR and same warranty why bother with it blanket fan blade dark grey paint

Quote Originally Posted by BaldLoonie View Post
    Both have 10 year parts warranty, same compressors. The XB lacks any compressor covers and last I knew, swept wing fan bades. Otherwise the same units.
    When did they change from 5 to 10 year compressor warranty on the xb model
    It's hard to stop a Trane. but I have made one helluva living keeping them going.

Don't know, kind of screwed things up when they did. Maybe so they could market more extended warranties to customers when they register?

Quote Originally Posted by Southern Mech View Post
    When did they change from 5 to 10 year compressor warranty on the xb model
    With in the last 6 months. Why? To compete with other brands builders grade to carry the same warranty. This had made most customers choose the XB 13 over the XR 13 due to the cost being cheaper. For the most part units are the same with components and warranty. The advantage to the XR 13-15 is the color which I like, the fan blade design and sound blanket.

Trane has many units now it is hard to keep up and advise a customer. Xb300,XB 13-14, XR 13-15 with the XR 16 to come out soon, XL 15,16 and 20 units. All have there place in the market but still a lot of systems to choose from.

the trane flyer says the xb 13 does not have the same compressor. wonder if its even a scroll type? They didnt tell me the xb had a 10 yr warranty.

beethere....that janitrol in the pic is only 23x23 and is kinda close to the other unit already..you sure 2 29x29 units would cool the coils alright that close to each other?Seems like they are kinda fighting each other for cool air already?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast