Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Damien View Post
    While I am new to the trade, it all sounds electrical to me.

High and Low pressures, return air temps; wet and dry, supply air temps, Superheat and subcool readings will point out an airflow issue. All of the readings should be done in low and high stage. Although High stage would probably be most important. Those readings will tell us what's going on in the system.

I would tend to agree with you on the coil. I wouldn't think you could get 2 bad contactors.

What other error codes are you getting.
    These are the only errors - 114 thermal cutouts in low stage, 55 thermal cutouts in high stage, 1 high stage no start, and 91 low contactor open errors. Sometimes these events result in a "System Malfunction" that displays on the main screen.

Quote Originally Posted by transy416 View Post
    These are the only errors - 114 thermal cutouts in low stage, 55 thermal cutouts in high stage, 1 high stage no start, and 91 low contactor open errors. Sometimes these events result in a "System Malfunction" that displays on the main screen.
    Air flow is more than likely your culprit zoning and duct work. Both can and will cause premature compressor failure. Can you post pics of the indoor and outdoor units?

Without thorough airflow tests I will not say one it this is airflow or not. I can tell you adding a bypass damper to this system will cause more issues. Your technician needs to read and follow the design guide for Infinity Zoning.
    Climate Control Solutions for your Home or Office

Serving Northeast Philadelphia and Surrounding Areas

Right now I have zoning disabled and continue to get errors. Would that still suggest airflow as a possible cause?

Also, these errors have been occurring over the past few weeks. Why would airflow suddenly become the issue and the cause of these errors. In other words, why would airflow cause these problems as of just a few weeks ago?

Not trying to question anyone's expertise...just trying to better understand the situation.

I can get pics if they would be helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by comfortdoc View Post
    Without thorough airflow tests I will not say one it this is airflow or not. I can tell you adding a bypass damper to this system will cause more issues. Your technician needs to read and follow the design guide for Infinity Zoning.
    Is there anything I could specify insofar as the airflow tests so that I could request that these take place?

Also, can you be more specific about the problems caused by the bypass damper?

Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by transy416 View Post
    Right now I have zoning disabled and continue to get errors. Would that still suggest airflow as a possible cause?

Also, these errors have been occurring over the past few weeks. Why would airflow suddenly become the issue and the cause of these errors. In other words, why would airflow cause these problems as of just a few weeks ago?

Not trying to question anyone's expertise...just trying to better understand the situation.

I can get pics if they would be helpful.
    Has the ambient temperature been irregulars where you live in the last few weeks?

Quote Originally Posted by second opinion View Post
    Has the ambient temperature been irregulars where you live in the last few weeks?
    Things were hotter (high 90's) many weeks ago and I was having no issues. A few weeks ago temps started to drop back to where they should be, with some cooler days. What is strange is that I didn't have any issues when it was real hot--issues occurred after temps returned to more "normal."

Also, for whatever it is worth, 95% of my ductwork was replaced with the install of this system in 2006. In the past I had some "excess static pressure stagedown" events, which the installers attempted to correct by altering the ductwork in some areas. Since then, I would continue to get these events from time to time, but not on a regular basis like I did right after the install. As a fix for these occasional instances of excess static pressure stagedowns, I have left our basement zone as "unoccupied" and haven't had an excess static pressure stagedown error since.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12