the direct vent insert would lite the burner and go out within 5 sec. it has a honeywell smartvalve with two ignitors and one flame senor. it also had a draft motor with a presure switch and a high temp saftey. my 1st thought was a bad flame senor, cleaned the sensor same problem. i checked micro amps found at .99. i then jumpered the presuser switch and high limit switch, no change. replaced the ignitor assembly no change. replaced the smartvalve, no change. made sure the unit was grounded. no loose or bad wires. gas presure was good at a steady 6" inlet and 3.5" outlet. out of ideas. any help would be greaty appreciated. thank you

does it run with the glass off?

it does the same thing with the door open or closed and the logs in or out.

this is a DSI unit? are you sure it is direct vent? if it has "doors" and not sealed glass that sounds more like a B-Vent unit to me, or even a gas log set.

[Edited by jtp10181 on 08-30-2006 at 06:52 AM]

it is a 5 year old CENTRAL FIREPLACE bay insert.

We read ok we don't need the big letters and seeing as your are not a pro here all I will say is get someone qualified to look at this.Let me explain why you jumped every safety and it has a new valve and ign. and still doesn't work my friend you are in over your head and looking in the wrong spot

i put in the capital letters to highlight the brand of the unit. true i don't know this fireplace well but i am not a hack. how did you get to know everything you know by reading a book. probly not. experience. i was just asking for some help, not to be ripped by TURKEY. thanks

call the # for central fireplace it is in the upper right corner of the page. i am a central boiler dealer and they have always been good help to me.

just an update. there is a wire harness that goes from the gas valve to the ignitor/flame sensor harness. the two wire harnesses plug into each other. the plug was bad. i replaced the harness. all ok now. thank you for the helpful posts(to those that tried to help).