Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Quote Originally Posted by second opinion View Post
    You might want to edit ( ) to 2nd
    Why would I want to do that? On a Trane XL16i or AS Heritage 16 system , the control wires for 1st stage cooling connect to Y2 on the furnace control board or air handler LVTB.
    If more government is the answer, then it's a really stupid question.

Quote Originally Posted by markf57 View Post
    However, when he installed a jumper between R and O, the HP delivered cold air when heating from the HP was called. This is just as mark beiser predicted would happen. He is at a loss how to get Comfort-r in HP heating mode. The bald one says he did it.
    To have Comfort-R in the heat mode of the heat pump, the wires for O from the thermostat and O to the outdoor unit need to be disconnected from the furnace control board and connected together directly, usually with a wire nut.
    Then the Jumper is installed between R and O on the control board.

Quote Originally Posted by mark beiser View Post
    To have Comfort-R in the heat mode of the heat pump, the wires for O from the thermostat and O to the outdoor unit need to be disconnected from the furnace control board and connected together directly, usually with a wire nut.
    Then the Jumper is installed between R and O on the control board.
    Since I'm using an IAQ, can the installer accomplish this by disconnecting the O wire from the furnace control board and leaving the O from the outdoor unit connected to the O terminal on the EIM? There isn't a dedicated wire from the tstat to the O. Then add the R and O jumper to the control board??
    Thanks,

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by markf57 View Post
    Since I'm using an IAQ, can the installer accomplish this by disconnecting the O wire from the furnace control board and leaving the O from the outdoor unit connected to the O terminal on the EIM? There isn't a dedicated wire from the tstat to the O. Then add the R and O jumper to the control board??
    Yes

Smile

Why would I want to do that? On a Trane XL16i or AS Heritage 16 system , the control wires for 1st stage cooling connect to Y2 on the furnace control board or air handler LVTB.
    Not according to my diagram. He has a gas furnace that should have "Y" and "Ylo". On the Air handler should say "Y/lo" and "Y/Y2.

On the 16 series it should be "Y1 to Y on the furnace and Y/Y2 on the air handler to the OD unit yellow. and Y2 is wired through BK to yellow with red tracer on the OD unit.

On a single stage unit it would be wired to Y or Y/Y2.
    Last edited by second opinion; 11-15-2007 at 03:20 PM. Reason: can't type and read at same time

Quote Originally Posted by second opinion View Post
    Not according to my diagram. He has a gas furnace that should have "Y" and "Ylo". On the Air handler should say "Y/lo" and "Y/Y2.

On the 16 series it should be "Y1 to Y/lo on the furnace or air handler to the OD unit yellow. and Y2 is wired through BK to yellow with red tracer on the OD unit.

On a single stage unit it would be wired to Y or Y/Y2.
    You need to check the diagrams again.

The XL16i requires 80% airflow for first stage.
    If you connect Y1 to Ylo in the furnace, with no power to BK, you only get 80% of 50%. That is only 40% airflow, half of what the system is supposed to have in first stage.

The wiring diagrams and instructons are very clear that first stage goes to Y/Y2.

Confused

You need to check the diagrams again.

The XL16i requires 80% airflow for first stage.
    If you connect Y1 to Ylo in the furnace, with no power to BK, you only get 80% of 50%. That is only 40% airflow, half of what the system is supposed to have in first stage.

The wiring diagrams and instructons are very clear that first stage goes to Y/Y2.
    My "BAD" I need to write it before I type it. I was trying to make the point not to wire it like the 19I and got lost in thought. Sorry for any confusion I really do know the difference.

mark is correct on the 16i wiring.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234