Thread: Centravac

Post Likes

Question

Anybody have expierence w/ Westinghouse advantage Starters and contactors. lookin for troubleshooting technics. Not your ordenary starter.

Post Likes
    This is the one with the printed circuit board and current transformers "Inside" the contactors(M1-M2 & S) as well as the interconnecting cables with the Mickey Mouse connectors that connect the contactors to the "Brain" on the front panel I take it....
    Parts for them come out of Puerto-Rica on a verrrrrry slow banana boat at their leisure....
    I wish you luck...
    I had trouble with the modules overheating & going south...After installing 2 cooling fans on the top of the starter with a filter rack down below, I have had no problem with the ones I have had problems with...
    To replace the circuit boards "Inside" the contactor requires that the contactor be "Completely" taken apart..
    Putting it alllll' back together is another story...
    Again...
    I wish you luck..
    Ain't "None" of us as smart as "All" of us..

Post Likes
    Is this a unit mounted starter or remote? What brand of machine? Does the starter have the intregal circuit board for the coil?

Post Likes
    I just changed a large frame size board, ooouuuch.

Post Likes
    Originally posted by chillerguru
    Anybody have expierence w/ Westinghouse advantage Starters and contactors. lookin for troubleshooting technics. Not your ordenary starter.
    They do not like to sell the boards by itself. Try installing a standard contactor if the busses will allow and eliminate the constant 120 vac wire. Also make sure the Xformer will handle the additional amps from the coil.
    Or install a soft starter

Post Likes
    They really aren't that hard to trouble shoot or replace. Dry run the starter and make sure it is energized. This verfies the starter mod. is functioning. If it is and the starter does not pill in you will need to remove the starter cover, and the buss bars going into the bottom of the starter. Then remove the lugs that go through the board. The board slides out and is connected to the coil by a wired plug in the back. Unplug and inspect the board. I have always found a burn spot on these that did not work and have ordered the new through the Trane parts dept. If you want to check the coil I am thinking it was around 7 ohms (from memory). They are also available through wholesale vendors as these are used on a wide range of equpment.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in