Should I go union

Hybrid View

Should I go union

I am currently in school and the professor has no interest in really teaching us all we do is read out of our books. He is about to retire and really doesn't care.

I was thinking about joining the union in Florida, Local 123.

http://www.lu123.com/

1. It says Hvac refrigeration mechanics... Does that mean I would learn about refrigeration ?

2. What do you think I should do ?

3. Do you think they would have steady work for me?

4. Could I eventually move to another state and get into another union easily? How does that work?

I'd start by complaining about the " professor " first, if you aren't learning anything what's the since of paying to learn? I have a few year's on you I bet and it still frosts me when a teacher, just wants to phone it in, do you ever ask questions in class, maybe suggest we do some hands on today, maybe spark his interest to teach. Most people like to show off what they know.

As far as union/non union been on both sides same BS from both sides as a rule, a lot depends on company and bosses to which is better imo
    southshorejohn

I have tried he just doesn't care and he already got his retirement and this is the last year they will let him teach. Hes been teaching there for like 28 years and he said to be honest I am burned out. He goes in his office and never lectures.