Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by B1978 View Post
    Everything out here has high quality filters on the water inlet, so I barely see anything.
    I see many, many machines that have no water filter installed.

I would cry like a girl if I opened one and saw that.

Quote Originally Posted by B1978 View Post
    I agree that the front panel should be clear. Everything out here has high quality filters on the water inlet, so I barely see anything.
    I cleaned a few that have run for 6+ years, and they were clean.
    In most cases, I think its the environment more than the water, case in point... Subway

I always specify "no ice" when at a restaurant. I spent a few underemployed months in the back rooms of a couple of them and believe me I check the water glass, silverware, and plates before I eat. Its amazing how some of the more $ restaurants sometimes will have badly washed utensils or nasty glasses or even foul tasting water. That's why they push sugared ice tea. It hides the nasty ingredients in a sweet and numbingly cold fluid.

Quote Originally Posted by danbb View Post
    In most cases, I think its the environment more than the water, case in point... Subway
    The pre filter, 2 reg filters and the post filter still won't get rid of pink and black slime. Clean twice a year and sanitize 4x, disassembling each time. I have been experimenting with leaving the sanitizer on the plastic that doesn't touch the ice. It seems to have helped a little on hoshi's but I haven't seen much of a difference on Manitowocs.
    Officially, Down for the count

YOU HAVE TO GET OFF YOUR ASS TO GET ON YOUR FEET

I know enough to know, I don't know enough
    Liberalism-Ideas so good they mandate them

Was at a gas station store there are 8 of them around 50 mile radius. This particular store had Manitowoc Ice machine exact same one in your pics in back room. 400 lb bin, Black mold under evaps and on sides inside . You could see ice cubes with chunks of black inside cubes. That bin was full. Hosed it all down with hot water. When I ran a brush under front lip of coil what looked like black jello it was nasty

Quote Originally Posted by Joehvac25 View Post
    Ever since I got a impact drill my regular drill sits and collects dust.
    Yep. Only used for drilling holes lol

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by 2sac View Post
    You want clean ice machines? Requiring a transparent front cover would solve that in a heartbeat. Just think, you can eat at (fill in the name), and see everything that's happening above the pop dispenser. Won't see anymore pink or black mold guaranteed. I've come across a couple drive thru units that were growing green algae from the sun shining thru the windows LOL. Transparent covers on the pop dispenser nozzles would cause the cockroaches to find another place to hang out. I think I'm going to market this. Think I'll have any takers???
    Was at the hoshi dealer up here few years ago picking up parts & seen a display machine with clear plastic panels. I thought it was great & asked the dude who works there about it he told me it was only a floor display. Lol if only they really came that way

Quote Originally Posted by danbb View Post
    Ehh i did my first subway a while back & found it so so so bad with slime. Had to quote the self contained unit to be removed & brought outside to protect the dispenser. It was just so bad. the manager told me nobody ever cleaned it, just replaced ice thickness probes once a year or so ...

Quote Originally Posted by hvac wiz 79 View Post
    Yep. Only used for drilling holes lol

One thing I've noticed with impacts is they don't snap zip screws when your going through multiple layers.

It kind of scares me but in my area I have never heard of cleaning ice machines, there's only a couple reefer guys around. Il cross my fingers and maybe ask one about this.

One thing I've noticed with impacts is they don't snap zip screws when your going through multiple layers.

It kind of scares me but in my area I have never heard of cleaning ice machines, there's only a couple reefer guys around. Il cross my fingers and maybe ask one about this.
    Drink bottled beer, safest route

i read your post & wonder if the light bulb in your head went off .... :beer: .....

Quote Originally Posted by subzerocool View Post
    Drink bottled beer, safest route
    Totally agree on that. How many restaurants do you think have people out to clean their taps and lines? No on tap beer for me unless I know that they clean their taps regularly, and then I still prefer the bottle.

...Ron
    Roof Rat

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast