+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Multistack/Smardt

Post Likes

Multistack/Smardt

Are Smardt/Multistack chillers starting to sell in your market area?
    A LITTLE BIT OF STUPID GOES A LONG WAY!

Post Likes
    I have seen a lot of Smardt chillers up here in ontario. Not to many Multistack machines locally but there are a lot in Montreal I here.

Post Likes
    have sold some, working on a few more. there are reasons they are harder to sell unless you really understand and can sell the value. one of the problems is people who misunderstand them, and also the need for trained guys to work on them.

Post Likes
    We have signed up to rep them,going to training, we are trying to sell them as replacements for older chillers but man are they priced high, cant see the price difference over competitors.

Post Likes
    pricing is getting better as they sell more. when you learn the features and benefits, they get easier to sell. cost isnt always the determining factor. as a new rep, your issue will be getting the first few in the market, after that, the ones already installed will start to help you.....

Post Likes
    Sargent York, are you repping both Smardt and Multistack? We have sold both on bid/spec jobs. We are now considering ArtiChill. Our feeling is they have better product/customer support. We are not impressed with Smardt customer service.

Post Likes
    We are national retrofit contractor for Multistack, myself and 3 more of my crew are trained to service. The Multistack organization really impressed us. We also have a customer that has a Smardt chiller that wants us to service after warranty is over, so im going to Montreal to get training. These chillers are the future direction of the market. I will look into ArtiChill also.

Post Likes
    I think pretty much anything that's using the turbocore compressor is awesome; I am a huge fan.
    Smardt chillers definitely require a Smardt trained tech. They are NOT just another chiller. Quite a few have gone in around the Los Angeles, area, I have only seen a couple in the pacific northwest area.
    I don't know a lot about the Multi-Stacks, but I know that in sections, they fit nicely in in an elevator, and they can have a turbo-core option.
    Turbo-core compressors have a very impressive turn-down ratio, negligible electrical start-up spike, and they are super quiet.
    They are more money, but remember that this is just first cost. You can get way more efficient at low loads with these.

The only issue I have seen with them is if the specifying engineer mis-sizes them - over sizing it massively on a tiny system "for future expansion'. (the water in the loop left the chiller, made it through the AHU, returning to the chiller only 20 seconds later. 20 seconds!)
    Just my 2 cents.

Post Likes
    Has anyone lost a HX on a Multistack, I am leak checking one tonight. When I replace the condenser I have to remove the evap as well, looks like a nightmare. MagLev compressor. Its just out of warranty.
    I would consider investigating the HX failures before installing one.

Post Likes
    I personally would not touch anything with a brazed plate heat exchanger. I would only push the flooded machines for that reason of the service factor on the brazed plates

Post Likes
    Just condemned my first condenser, its leaking pretty bad. It looks real fun to replace, and super expensive.

Post Likes
    Powerpax/Smardt Chillers have to be the greatest thing since sliced bread if all the large manufacturers are trying to make there own "magnetic bearing" Compressors.
    I work for a smardt chiller service partner in Australia, i am a factory trained service tech and i reckon their service and product support is second to none. But i am biased.........lol.

Post Likes
    Smardt doesnt return phone calls or emails in a timely manner, we have been trying to book a training class for 3 weeks. Multistack lot better on customer service.

Post Likes
    I'm not gonna lie, I'm still waiting on a refresher course, training takes ages to get booked in.
    I'd be interested to know if your smardt units over there are the same as the ones manufactured here in Australia.

Post Likes
    Will they even respond to calls or email? Next time I go to job Ill get some pictures and post. Maybe you can spot some differences from the aussie models. It is not running very well due to water flows too low and cooling tower problems.

Post Likes
    I d onot have that problem with smardt, but I know who to email if needed, and usually hear right back, within reason. if you are going through secretaries, that seems to be a common complaint.

Post Likes
    We are trying to get movement by going through the Smardt distributer in our area, but still no news.

Post Likes
    check your email.

Post Likes

multistack

im a control tech and ive seen about 5 multistacks in the phx az area i also know there are quite a few in tucson

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by sargent york View Post
    We are national retrofit contractor for Multistack, myself and 3 more of my crew are trained to service. The Multistack organization really impressed us. We also have a customer that has a Smardt chiller that wants us to service after warranty is over, so im going to Montreal to get training. These chillers are the future direction of the market. I will look into ArtiChill also.

Wow, I wouldn't have ever believed someone said Multistack impressed them, I guess I have now heard everything.
    Federal Reserve, stealing your kids futures since 1913

UA290

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in